Pages:
Author

Topic: New Libra Fork - OpenLibra - how does it sounds? - page 2. (Read 232 times)

Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
New Libra Fork Will Create Permissionless Stablecoin Free of Corporate Control

Thirty different blockchain companies and nonprofit organizations plan to fork the Facebook-led Libra crypto project to build their own permissionless version, dubbed OpenLibra.

i read it on CoinDesk

what do you guys think about it??

i think that libra is an important project cuz it will bring a lot of new users into the space
and open libra is a good alternative for those (like me) who dont trust facebook at all
and i think that OpenLibra will face less problems with the LAW and SEC, since it has completely different business model..

Do we not have permissionless stablecoins already? I honestly do not understand how this will be permissionless and still be accepted by government/SEC? If for example they make using the permissionless stablecoin with kyc compulsory, is it still going to be considered a permissionless stablecoin?
Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

The original Libra has not yet been out of the regulatory woods and therefore could not guarantee that it will eventually be able to open its doors come 2020 and yet here we are offered a fork of Libra called as OpenLibra. How creative! How magnificent! I always value innovations and I admire people who are always looking towards introducing good changes but I am making an exemption with this one. Do we really need this OpenLibra and how will regulators will be reacting into this project? Personally, this is already bordering on a big joke. Please forgive me but I don't like this one...okay I know they don't need my approval for OpenLibra so I am just expressing my opinion here. Will there also be a second fork called as ClosedLibra?
Activity: 1246
Merit: 263

yea, thanks for posting the source
i just didnt want to post a link :X

libra and openlibra should be some kind of stable coin i think
isn't it?

Libra is going to be a stable coin while this openlibra is going to be another shit coin because they are aiming to create a coin pegged by real libra.
simply said, it is like Litecoin when Bitcoin launched its first genesis block. This kind of coin is created as a supplementary of the real coin and empowering it,
and their website is terribly ugly, it's like they are doing it for fun.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 260
1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL
This is smart move but  Open-Libra  sounds interesting but i will not be surprise if  we wake up one  day to  see announcement that Libra will no longer  continue so  open-Libra has over  it.  But question what is the usecase  of this persmission-less stable coin because  Libra  stated their  use-case for the Libra.  I believe  Facebook And It Libra Partners want to  use this strategy for people to see how Libra blockchain may  work.       
Activity: 56
Merit: 1

Thirty different blockchain companies and nonprofit organizations plan to fork the Facebook-led Libra crypto project to build their own permissionless version, dubbed OpenLibra.

i read it on CoinDesk

i think that libra is an important project cuz it will bring a lot of new users into the space
and open libra is a good alternative for those (like me) who dont trust facebook at all
and i think that OpenLibra will face less problems with the LAW and SEC, since it has completely different business model..

Good alternative for Libra, yes, but if Libra itself is nothing special, i don't see how the new coin would stand out from most other altcoins. The only advantage that Libra has over any crypto is a massive user base that Facebook can offer it to. Libra can increase awaareness, but other than that, it doesn't seem like anything special.
Activity: 432
Merit: 250
Febriyana Muhammad
So if i summary the OpenLibra is decentralized Libra.
That is great! But i see in crytocurrency is already much coin. If that is stablecoin, it will likely USDT.
Official site https://www.openlibra.io have not valid certificate ssl. I see use free ssl. Hope this is not joke coin  Cheesy

I still don't have idea, what benefit to buy it in the future.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
I conclude that Open Libra is like a new project and outside Facebook libra, although the two are still related,
because the article says what is in libra can be dragged and dropped into open libra,
and the difference between the two can be seen, because open libra will run atop Tendermint blockchain software, and of course this is very different from libra in my opinion.
but anyway, we just wait for libra and open libra, is it able to be the best as a newcomer.
Activity: 238
Merit: 104
Source if anyone is interested: https://www.coindesk.com/new-libra-fork-will-create-permissionless-stablecoin-free-of-corporate-control

Even if this project will launch, it will be just another boring ETH/EOS/TRON -like coin, and we have a lot of these already. There's nothing revolutionary in Libra itself, so it won't shake the market too much, this open Libra will probably take place somewhere in top 10 or top 20 coins.

yea, thanks for posting the source
i just didnt want to post a link :X

libra and openlibra should be some kind of stable coin i think
isn't it?
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145
Source if anyone is interested: https://www.coindesk.com/new-libra-fork-will-create-permissionless-stablecoin-free-of-corporate-control

Even if this project will launch, it will be just another boring ETH/EOS/TRON -like coin, and we have a lot of these already. There's nothing revolutionary in Libra itself, so it won't shake the market too much, this open Libra will probably take place somewhere in top 10 or top 20 coins.
Activity: 238
Merit: 104

i read it on CoinDesk

Pages:
Jump to: