Pages:
Author

Topic: New message board wish list - page 2. (Read 4307 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
January 01, 2014, 10:31:30 AM
* integrate github like features with github
* projects and git integration. sharing keys and authority
December 30, 2013, 10:50:07 AM
Checkout meteorJS - it runs on node and is IMO the future of web-development. If you've done Rails/Django or even php, this is orders of magnitude easier and cooler. one can grab some code-bits and concepts from the discourse project (its GPL). I guess with all the Facebooks and Twitters of the world, forums were not improving for a while now. the opportunities are endless if one builds bitcoin into the core.

I can do most of the dev'ing, its just more of a question how to set it up, so that a new, better board serves "the community" (whatever that is). I might code something up over the next months. Should be strictly non-commercial in terms of the operation. If everything is open people can fork if they want.
Activity: 658
Merit: 502
Doesn't use these forums that often.
December 30, 2013, 02:33:02 AM
If I had the money/time/initiative, I would do something like this in Node.js. However, I'm still screwing around with Apache2 Sad
December 30, 2013, 12:53:42 AM
I have no doubt somebody will do a new message board some time in the future (100 years?). If somebody wants to raise BTC let me know. I would strongly suggest using MeteorJS.

my wish list

* proper Bitcoin integration. Use features of AngelList
* new structuring of threads similar to https://github.com/discourse/discourse
* Users with proper images
* notifications
* proper search
* good design, like moot.it
* opensource, build your own
* smart filtering of all the noise and fraud
* voting features
* trust system that makes sense
Pages: