Pages:
Author

Topic: New Phone for 2fa - page 2. (Read 424 times)

Activity: 316
Merit: 25
June 07, 2019, 11:47:31 PM
Hey,

If you use Authy - all of your information is saved on your Authy account. Meaning, all of your 2fa accounts and info are linked to your phone number. That means you can remove your SIM, put it into another phone, and that new phone now has the same functionality as the old one.

Google Authenticator, afaik, does not do that. You should remove 2fa off all of your accounts, and add them back with the new phone. You should have saved each of the keys for all 2fa codes, but you likely haven't. (By keys, I mean the short phrase of numbers/letters that the QR code visualizes).

For a switch from Blackberry to iPhone, your app data will not be transferred through Google Authenticator. And if it does, don't rely on it, as there's a high chance of error. You should definitely remove 2fa from all accounts and enable it again after.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
June 07, 2019, 11:07:14 PM
hi

I will be replacing a blackberry phone with iPhone 7 (same telephone number).  I have authenticator plus downloaded with rotating code links to binance and kucoin. As well, have 2fa linked to phone.  Do I have to reset 2fa on binance/kucoin, or will it recognize the new phone automatically?  Also, do I need to transfer existing google authenticator plus to the new phone for the binance/kukoin sites to recognize me (not sure if I can do this from bby to iPhone), or simply purchase a new one for the iPhone?  I want to avoid handing in my phone to be wiped only to find that I can no longer log into these sites!  Thanks for any advice you can provide.
Pages:
Jump to: