Pages:
Author

Topic: New police radars can 'see' inside homes - page 3. (Read 3707 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.
January 21, 2015, 08:59:55 AM
Just think. Maybe police can use the radar as an Internet kill switch, and a cell phone disabler... so nobody can call for help when they detect the police radar searching their home.

Smiley

Are you saying police are bad?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
January 21, 2015, 08:49:21 AM
Cool pretty much like the motion detector in the Aliens Smiley. I think this gadget does nothing with privacy. Police can "see" if someone is inside and where to find that person. This can save the life of police officers (and soldiers if armies utilizing similar stuff).

And know what you are doing since it can see any movement. It can see when you go to the bathroom lol when you have sex with your girlfriend, or anything else.
Someone will find ways to abuse this. : /

Not really. You can see that something moving 26 feet away, but probably you will not know if that's me, my dog or an alien Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
January 21, 2015, 07:15:56 AM
Just think. Maybe police can use the radar as an Internet kill switch, and a cell phone disabler... so nobody can call for help when they detect the police radar searching their home.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
January 21, 2015, 06:56:25 AM
I wonder if they can see the leaves of weed wave in the wind from the AC.   Grin

Are there weed wave radar detectors available to detect these radar devices? If there are, does anyone know where to get one?

Will this kick the Smart Meter anti-radiation people into action? The radiation people should be fun to watch as they try to ban police radar because it is unhealthy and cancer causing.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005
Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard
January 21, 2015, 06:33:41 AM
Cool pretty much like the motion detector in the Aliens Smiley. I think this gadget does nothing with privacy. Police can "see" if someone is inside and where to find that person. This can save the life of police officers (and soldiers if armies utilizing similar stuff).

And know what you are doing since it can see any movement. It can see when you go to the bathroom lol when you have sex with your girlfriend, or anything else.
Someone will find ways to abuse this. : /
legendary
Activity: 1512
January 21, 2015, 06:16:38 AM
legendary
Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001
January 21, 2015, 03:42:53 AM
They aren't good enough for spying yet, but eventually they will be used for filming people having sex. Fortunately that won't be a problem to most Bitcoin users.
legendary
Activity: 1540
January 21, 2015, 02:15:26 AM
I consider it my duty as an Anarchist to royally screw with tracking technology like this, I'm sure they won't be as sophisticated as police propaganda will try to make out.
Activity: 476
Merit: 500
I like boobies
January 21, 2015, 02:06:18 AM
This seems kinda cool, I'm not one of those freaks that care about their "privacy".
I believe that those who are innocent and have nothing bad to hide shouldn't care about this.

There are many reasons for privacy.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9844527
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
January 20, 2015, 02:37:02 PM
This seems kinda cool, I'm not one of those freaks that care about their "privacy".
I believe that those who are innocent and have nothing bad to hide shouldn't care about this.

Until they come for you. What about your bitcoin terrorist money? Nobody cares about privacy until they lose theirs. Then they are shocked at how no one seems to care about their outrage.  

My question about this device is, "can I get one?" Maybe I should see what's going on at the police station? They are my employees after all.
Activity: 886
Merit: 1013
January 20, 2015, 02:31:14 PM
How many of you are long on the military industrial complex? Smiley
Activity: 784
DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization
January 20, 2015, 07:55:03 AM
It's good if there are some bad guy hiding in a building
It's bad for our privacy if they're check our house without permission....
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005
Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard
January 20, 2015, 07:21:15 AM

Everyone needs privacy. Maybe you don't care because it was never a problem for you so far.
And you are putting too much trust that even if you are innocent abuses can't happen. : /
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
January 20, 2015, 05:27:54 AM
New police radars can 'see' inside homes  -  Land of the Fee Home of the Slave
Requiring warrants and the idea of privacy is pretty much over, huh?
Activity: 658
January 20, 2015, 04:52:27 AM
This is motion detector, there is no image produced. Not much privacy is invaded.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
January 20, 2015, 04:40:25 AM
I know why some people might be concerned about their privacy and all that but this is good and police will not go around your neighborhood trying to x-ray women changing clothes. At-least this way they can know if someone is hiding drugs or weapons inside their houses.

Na I don't think it can detect guns weapons or drugs just yet it says movement like breathing
It might be able to find immigrants etc though or perhaps some animal breeding house since there seems to be a market for pets.
http://www.cyterra.com/products/ranger.htm

It has fire fighter applications as well so can see it being a purchasable item someday in the future.
_
RANGE-R is a controlled item under the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). It may be exported with proper authorization by the U.S. Department of State.
RANGE-R complies with Part 15 rules and is certified by the FCC for operation in an urban environment (FCC ID: YKD-25TWD3000).
Activity: 672
Merit: 502
January 20, 2015, 01:29:09 AM
I know why some people might be concerned about their privacy and all that but this is good and police will not go around your neighborhood trying to x-ray women changing clothes. At-least this way they can know if someone is hiding drugs or weapons inside their houses.
legendary
Activity: 1176
minds.com/Wilikon
January 19, 2015, 11:47:27 PM

Who defines what "bad" is?

legendary
Activity: 1568
January 19, 2015, 11:45:37 PM
If you have nothing to hide then they should have no reason to search you or your property w/o probable cause and a warrant granted by a constitutionally sworn in judge. Liberty typically doesn't flourish among populations that have this sort of trusting mindset of governments. Also, go figure that it's on the front and center post on the Drudge Report.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
January 19, 2015, 09:34:48 PM

I'm just waiting for some news article
Police officer uses radar device alongside hidden camera to determine if women are in a change room  Wink
You know the simple things in life
(Uses radar to make sure it's safe to adjust the camera and change the batteries then radar to scan the 50 feet surrounding the area while doing that task)
Pages:
Jump to: