Pages:
Author

Topic: [NEW POOL] UnitedMiners.com 0%,Prop,SMS,managed rigs,clustered,iPhone - page 2. (Read 4740 times)

Activity: 481
Merit: 500
How are you going to pay the miners that submitted proportional shares (like me). You can't change the payout method in the middle of the round. I had a positive balance and now it's gone. Please do the right thing and take care of this.
Activity: 154
Merit: 102
You say "Proportional payout method based on shares submitted per round". Now when I read the website FAQ it says

It is kinda messed up changing payout schemes in the middle of a round, invalidating work people have already put in
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
You say "Proportional payout method based on shares submitted per round". Now when I read the website FAQ it says

"How are payouts calculated? [TOP]
We use the Pay Per Last N Shares method to calculate payouts when a round ends. "

You should not change the payout method behind the back of people, and not during a running round. Also N is not specified!
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Web page designed for an iPhone with big buttons and that "look". Native app would have been nice but then it wouldn't work on anything but iOS. The Managed Rig page in the screen shots should work find on webOS.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
Curious is your iphone / android dealio an actual app or is it a webpage frontend?

If its an app, have any plan to make a webos app? =)
SSL enabled on the web site now.
Activity: 403
Merit: 250
No worries, may i ask what you're using for load balancing / failover?
Before the site gets big (which i hope it does, nice features btw!) - switch to SHA256 or SHA512.
There is no reason for using SHA1 anymore.

A bit more database usage, but it's not even noticeable with 1m users (the difference between sha1 and sha512 is 88 bytes per user, 88 000 000 bytes for 1 million users,  thats 83.9 MB difference.)
* Passwords saved with AES256

AES256? Specs on that? So you'll able to decrypt and view users passwords?

Sorry for the confusion, I need to update the page. Passwords are hashed, sha1, then salted.
* Passwords saved with AES256

AES256? Specs on that? So you'll able to decrypt and view users passwords?
Activity: 252
Merit: 251
Obv. pure PPS is ideal for the miner since he risks nothing and gets zero variance day in day out..
But it's not viable for you the operator unless you have massive reserves of BTC in store for a stormy period. Even then you'd need some sort of fee to fence off your risk, deepbit for example has 10% and rfcpool.com has 7%

PPLNS doesn't require any buffer on your part. It also can't be exploited statistically by hopping in after many high percentile rounds to profit from early, valuable shares of likely upcoming short rounds.

Short reading
http://eligius.st/wiki/index.php/Pay_Per_Last_N_Shares
The only thing that stands out negatively is prop. payments.
As you might know it's one of the worst models for a 24/7 non-hopping miner, any plans of PPS variant schemes or PPLNS?

Yes, already working on that on the dev servers. I don't want to reinvent the wheel so is PPLNS better/fairer then PPS?
Activity: 252
Merit: 251
Wow. Finally some unique and useful features in a startup pool. That remote control scheme is definitely a world-first.

The only thing that stands out negatively is prop. payments.
As you might know it's one of the worst models for a 24/7 non-hopping miner, any plans of PPS variant schemes or PPLNS?
United Miners - http://www.UnitedMiners.com

Managed rigs
      •  To be used on a dedicated Linux rig you want to control with your phone/PC [BETA]
      •  OC Vcore and memory with your finger from your phone
      •  Automated temperature watch: miners pause if they overheat
      •  Kick start your miner automatically with idle detection
      •  Powerful statistics: stales and Mh/s reported to cell phone page
      •  Remote reload/reconfigure/reboot from your phone or PC
      •  Boot off USB thumb/SATA/IDE/SCSI , from 2GB up
      •  Overheat email notifications, kick start email notifications
      •  Settings configurable per rig like SMTP server, RPC L&P, fan speed %, over heat temp, OC core Mhz, OC memory Mhz
      •     Managed Rigs HUD screenshots from an iPhone: http://imgur.com/BHl2a&1G5Js  http://imgur.com/BHl2a&1G5Jsl

• 0% fee, donations for extra services
      • Offical DNS Seed for the bitcoin client being introduced in 0.4 (dnsseed.unitedminers.com)
      • iPhone/Android web site access (with API Key) to your managed rigs
      • SMS/txt notifications on idle miners
      • Completely redundant backend systems, we could lose server motherboards and you would never notice
      • VM's float on host nodes in the cluster without losing a packet
      • Active/Passive and Active/Active expandable clusters for all services
      • Passwords are secure. Hashed, sh1, then salted.
      • Classic worker per rig system fully supported
      • Long-polling support
      • JSON API access for user stats, worker stats, and pool stats
      • Top lists and pool stats
      • Personal account Mh/s mining graphs going back up to a year
      • Proportional payout method
      • On-demand payouts.  (After a block has been confirmed)
      • 8 decimal place payouts
      • Instant pay out button (0.01 BTC min)
      • US West coast based data center
      • IRC support at #UnitedMiners on freenode or from the website with our web IRC page
      • Proportional payout method based on shares submitted per round
      • SSL setup on the web server

We have been up and running for a while privately and are opening the doors to the public.[/list][/list]
      Pages:
      Jump to: