Pages:
Author

Topic: New report on wash trading scares me - page 3. (Read 658 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041
August 28, 2018, 11:47:30 AM
Hey guys, so i've read a new report on how much of the exchanges volumes are just wash trading and the numbers are way too high for what real users do>.

This is pretty concerning, since the market might not be nearly as stable and mature as we think, it might all be manipulated.
What do you think of the current state of big exchanges and price manipulations that we experience?

my source: https://www.blockchaintransparency.org/reports/

Everything in this world is being manipulated by some powerful people out there. So, the crypto market is not all different from it and it is more prone to manipulation since it is decentralized.

And so decentralize is a two edge sword. But I do believe what the above users said, there is just so much demand for BTC that it doesn't matter whether the manipulation of those exchanges are true.  If the market has been manipulated for a long time, I guess they are also responsible for making us all richer. I say thanks to that. There must be a fight over who manipulates better among those who wants to.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
August 28, 2018, 11:35:04 AM
There is manipulation with wash trading but I don't think that is very big as to manipulate numbers regarding general market. Lots of things are scary in this market  Smiley
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
August 28, 2018, 11:23:31 AM
I think if it was the case, the impact of price is overrated. I remember there was a big conspiracy of chinese volumes being mostly faked and basically coming from exchanges transacting back and forth.

Once the chinese government (PBOC) started clamping down on them and banning a bunch of exchanges, people were calling (once again) a doomsday scenario where we wouldn't recover from.

And so the volume went down, and we all know what happened to the price (look at the charts around when these news were released).

So bottomline is: I wouldn't worry too much. There is enough demand for Bitcoin with or without fake volume and the supply is limited, simple math.
I agree, the volumes are high anyway and the demand for bitcoin will always be high.

On the other hand, It's sad to see that people are faking volumes to drive demand...
I think the market has been manipulated for a long time, and some people might just realize it.
Activity: 2982
Merit: 790
August 28, 2018, 11:16:38 AM
Hey guys, so i've read a new report on how much of the exchanges volumes are just wash trading and the numbers are way too high for what real users do>.

This is pretty concerning, since the market might not be nearly as stable and mature as we think, it might all be manipulated.
What do you think of the current state of big exchanges and price manipulations that we experience?

Everything in this world is being manipulated by some powerful people out there. So, the crypto market is not all different from it and it is more prone to manipulation since it is decentralized.
Supposed to say the same thing but by the way this is short and direct to the point insight.

Anything is manipulated and cryptomarket isn't really exempted on such thing.We have seen forex and stocks do have those price manipulations to drive up a trend and theres no different also into this market.
Get used to it yet these exchangers can possibly manipulate prices.If you can able to spot out then get out if not then try to utilize it- if you are just a trader but if you are just an observer then this thing wont really be a big deal.
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
August 28, 2018, 11:03:56 AM

Activity: 616
Merit: 279
August 28, 2018, 10:38:06 AM
I think if it was the case, the impact of price is overrated. I remember there was a big conspiracy of chinese volumes being mostly faked and basically coming from exchanges transacting back and forth.

Once the chinese government (PBOC) started clamping down on them and banning a bunch of exchanges, people were calling (once again) a doomsday scenario where we wouldn't recover from.

And so the volume went down, and we all know what happened to the price (look at the charts around when these news were released).

So bottomline is: I wouldn't worry too much. There is enough demand for Bitcoin with or without fake volume and the supply is limited, simple math.
I agree, the volumes are high anyway and the demand for bitcoin will always be high.

On the other hand, It's sad to see that people are faking volumes to drive demand...
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
August 28, 2018, 10:32:51 AM

Activity: 61
Merit: 1
August 28, 2018, 09:34:43 AM

Pages:
Jump to: