Pages:
Author

Topic: New South Korean president is pro-Bitcoiner and vows to deregulate the industry - page 2. (Read 372 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
If I'm not mistaken the next South Korean president is a liberal so obviously he could be a pro-Bitcoiner after all. Against the left wing party he had to against in the election, it was very close and we don't know if he didn't win. I'm not really sure what he means by deregulate, the law has already presented itself as vey effect in South Korean already, so there's nothing wrong with the regulation of the government as far as crypto goes.
Even I do not understand why the op is saying deregulate. The new president, Yoon Suk-Yoel in his statement said that he hopes to attract more crypto unicorns into South Korea and many bills are under consideration regarding the regulating cryptocurrency.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 574
If I'm not mistaken the next South Korean president is a liberal so obviously he could be a pro-Bitcoiner after all. Against the left wing party he had to against in the election, it was very close and we don't know if he didn't win. I'm not really sure what he means by deregulate, the law has already presented itself as vey effect in South Korean already, so there's nothing wrong with the regulation of the government as far as crypto goes.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
Source: https://www.analyticsinsight.net/will-south-korea-again-lead-the-crypto-market-with-its-pro-crypto-president/

Clearly the newly-elected president from South Korea is from the opposition party who is pro-BTC. He vows to “deregulate” the digital asset industry. But what does this mean for the South Korean crypto market about “deregulation”. Is this good or bad in the long run? And how does the international market gonna react about this statement from the newly-elected South Korean president?

I wanna hear some opinions from the community here.

P.S How I wish our next president of the Philippines will be a pro-Bitcoiner too. Elections is less than 2 months away.

Deregulation simply means he’s going to ease up on all of the rules and regulations around Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency.  That doesn’t necessarily mean he’s going to take all rules and regulations away as that would certainly not be a good thing. I love to see this. I think it’s nothing but a positive. South Korea is after all a high tech country, so it fits in to their current economy (very much unlike thief neighbors to the north).
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
🙏🏼Padayon...🙏
The issue of regulation is not a black and white issue. It's not as if regulation is either bad or good, or either we implement it strictly or remove it altogether. It's all about the right regulations. I think not a few regulatory policies on crypto are bad simply because they are founded on the assumption that crypto is a currency of choice of criminals and money-launderers and terrorist funders, which, of course, crypto isn't. Crypto regulations are crafted and implemented with lack of understanding. That's the issue.
Activity: 2380
Merit: 251
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Source: https://www.analyticsinsight.net/will-south-korea-again-lead-the-crypto-market-with-its-pro-crypto-president/

Clearly the newly-elected president from South Korea is from the opposition party who is pro-BTC. He vows to “deregulate” the digital asset industry. But what does this mean for the South Korean crypto market about “deregulation”. Is this good or bad in the long run? And how does the international market gonna react about this statement from the newly-elected South Korean president?

P.S How I wish our next president of the Philippines will be a pro-Bitcoiner too. Elections is less than 2 months away.
It is not going to happen anytime soon even if they pass law they have to give enough time for the investors to convert their existing funds however deregulation is just going to cut the revenue from the industry and people will always find a way to bypass the restrictions. So it's better not to try anything foolish here and they may bring changes in the regulations if government feels that digital currency is causing something bad for their country.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 586
Free Crypto Faucet in Trustdice
Deregulation of crypto assets or indeed pro bitcoin is the hottest issue, not only in South Korea but also in countries that have a Bitcoin community, it will become a political mount to gain sympathy for Bitcoin pros. Maybe we know that political issues for this kind of thing become a powerful weapon in taking votes from the election. Moreover, the widespread support for Bitcoin is the most ideal topic for deregulation as the only political tool. So far when there has been a declaration of deregulation of Bitcoin, it is only a matter of waiting whether the policy will materialize according to the original goal or just take over the vote of support.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
Bitcoin should never have been regulated in the first place, for it to be de-regulated. It is a decentralized network which does not need a central authority to function, it is a Peer-to-Peer system, where the users function as their own banks.

So it's a game of perspective. As we belong from an international bitcoin community, any news of deregulation will be positive for ua. But at the same time we will be concerned about the future misuses of cryptocurrency in South Korea.
Regulations does not prevent misuse of cryptocurrency, same way fiat is misused even though it is a highly regulated system
Activity: 843
Merit: 52
Basically, deregulation would mean free hands to players in the industry to operate without government having to dictate everything to the players but the government will be watching to avoid bad players taking undue advantage. Deregulation usually mean no subsidy from the government, may have a rough start but it will be positive in the future. It's just opposite of regulation, let's wait his working article on this. I believe it's a positive news.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
If I look into the possibility of deregulation from the government perspective - I would say it will be a disaster.

If I look from the perspective of a bitcoin user - it will bring joy because no taxes will have to paid out at the end of the year.

So it's a game of perspective. As we belong from an international bitcoin community, any news of deregulation will be positive for ua. But at the same time we will be concerned about the future misuses of cryptocurrency in South Korea.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Revolutionized copy gaming platform

Pages:
Jump to: