Pages:
Author

Topic: "New Sport": Ultimate Tennis Showdown - page 2. (Read 614 times)

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3485
Nec Recisa Recedit
June 17, 2020, 09:23:11 AM
Hmm,,, so how did this tournament turn out? I saw this too late to see for myself but I am surprised if it did not get much more participation from this forum. I thought there were plenty of tennis freaks here.

@bitbollo do you know which crypto bookie here is offering odds on this? Trying to understand the format.

Hi @leea-1334
The only bookie offering odds for that type of match that I have found is nitrogensports
https://nitrogensports.eu/sport/Tennis/Ultimate%20Tennis%20Showdown%20Exhibition

Nothing at this moment in Stake.com / CloudBet.com / Sportsbet.io

As classic bookmakers I have seen match listed on Unibet/Planetwin. But in my country (Italy) there is a monopole about betting game, this is why there are just few of them that list this type of competition
Activity: 2240
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
June 17, 2020, 08:20:39 AM
Hmm,,, so how did this tournament turn out? I saw this too late to see for myself but I am surprised if it did not get much more participation from this forum. I thought there were plenty of tennis freaks here.

@bitbollo do you know which crypto bookie here is offering odds on this? Trying to understand the format.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 81
June 17, 2020, 02:17:13 AM
From what I've read about Ultimate Tennis Showdown directed by Patrick Mouratoglou. He intends to make a radical change in tennis and taking advantage of the Coronavirus crisis introduces this event with the round-robin format without groups. Where the players will face each other with the nine participants.
legendary
Nec Recisa Recedit
June 16, 2020, 06:16:35 PM

We're going to approach the second week of game.

Here https://utslive.tv/ranking/ there is the current ranking. According to ATP and bookmakers odds there are a couple of surprises.
I don't know if this is another "COVID19 effect" likewise players were not able to get trainings in this period or it's just a matter related the set of rules introduce by UTS.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 138
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
June 13, 2020, 03:25:28 AM
I think there will be new rules in other sports when they finally open just like what you presented here for tennis. So if we will see some modifications in other sports later on, it won't be a surprise anymore. At least, we have something to watch now live and not just replay of some sports events..Bit interesting to watch how those new rules will affect the performance of the players.
legendary
Nec Recisa Recedit
June 13, 2020, 02:18:51 AM
Today's Match (13th June 2020)

Pouille vs Benchetrit
Brown vs Paire
Goffin vs Berrettini
Lopez vs Popyrin
Tsitsipas vs Gasquet

I am very curios to watch these matches since time can be considered an unknown factor. I have seen a lot of players lose a match just because tired and stressed... fatigue is another aspect to be checked.
Let's see today what happens with the first day of tournament.
legendary
Nec Recisa Recedit
June 12, 2020, 05:50:58 PM
Tomorrow Saturday 13th June we will see in Nice (France) a "new sport"! Ultimate Tennis Showdown
No audience, but live broadcasted, 10 players will compete for the first time.
Same field, but different rules:

-Matches are played in 4 quarters of 10 minutes each
-Players serve twice alternatively. The player with the most points won at the end of the quarter wins the quarter.
-If the clock runs out in the middle of the point, the point continues on. If the quarter ends in a tie, a tiebreaker point will be played.
-If a player wins the first three sets, the fourth set is still played for set average purposes.
-If the players have tied with two sets apiece, the players go into sudden death.
-The player who’s total of points through the four quarters is higher gets to decide whether they’d like to serve/receive. Alternatively, the player can decide the side they’d like to play on.
This type of matches will lead also for a rule change also in "classic" tennis?

BTW Interesting format it's also a new way for betting since TIME will be a new standard for any decision.
https://twitter.com/UTShowdown/status/1271122526702317570

https://utslive.tv/
Pages:
Jump to: