Pages:
Author

Topic: New To Bitcoin. Have a few questions. - page 2. (Read 5164 times)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10
February 13, 2011, 03:19:01 PM
when the bitcoin faucet made the transaction sending you 0.05 bitcoins, it got inserted into the block chain. Once your bitcoin client downloaded all of the available blocks, your client saw that transaction in the chain and so you have the money available to spend now.
Activity: 696
Merit: 500
February 13, 2011, 03:09:22 PM
Ok I JUST got my transaction from bit faucet and the program stopped downloading blocks at 107896. Can someone explain this to me?
Activity: 696
Merit: 500
February 13, 2011, 03:08:06 PM
Hey guys, So I discovered bit coin today from freetalklive.com. I love the idea of the currency. I run my own business and would love to accept bitcoin as payment at some point starting very soon. I have some questions un-realted to that. Just basic user questions.

I run windows. I downloaded the bit coin program from bitcoin.org. I opened it, is that all I have to do to 'create' a bit coin 'account'?

I dont see any option for a wallet in the program. No save, open, backup, nothing. I dont have any bit coins yet. Where is my wallet saved? Do I need to have coins to have a wallet?

I went to bitcoin faucet and entered my bitcoin address. It said I was sent bit coins but nothing ever sowed up. This was about an hour ago. I have almost 108,000 blocks downloaded right now. Shouldn't the bitcoin have showed up? What are the blocks Im downloading?

Is it realistic to use the bitcoin program to generate coins? I have an intel i5 machine running windows 7.

thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: