Pages:
Author

Topic: new trezor T vs trezor - page 2. (Read 317 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 559
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
January 08, 2018, 04:46:34 PM
What are the real improvement in security?
The only supposed improvement in security that I can find is the fact that you don't have to enter the PIN number or seed into the computer, but given the advanced recovery process and the fact that the numbers in the PIN were obscured and scrambled by the original TREZOR, I don't consider it to be significant.

IMO, the new TREZOR is mainly a UI upgrade.  That's fine, but it won't be enough for me to make the switch.

It could be that they end up supporting the new device better or they cease updates to the old TREZOR at some point, at which point maybe the new one would be safer.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
January 08, 2018, 03:44:23 PM
I would say that depends on what you are looking for, if you prefer a full touchscreen device or if you like the design of the old Trezor, etc...

Do you only plan on storing Bitcoin and the already supported altcoins? Or do you think you may diversify your holdings in the future?
TREZOR One (original) will not be discontinued. It will be supported alongside the TREZOT T. But:
TREZOR T has a different software stack, meaning coin integrations will be easier on the T. Some of which can be backported into the TREZOR One.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
January 08, 2018, 03:33:50 PM
mmmmm i don't believe that nobody knows the answer.

I know that a lot of people are looking for which hwwallet buy: now we can choose not only between ledger or trezor, but also between trezor or trezor t.

So: is a good idea to wait?
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
January 07, 2018, 03:58:25 PM
Hi everyone,
i'm wondering if there are real reason to wait few months for the new trezor T instead to buy right now the old trezor.

What are the real improvement in security? Can we really say that the new one in safer?

Thanks in advance.
Pages:
Jump to: