Pages:
Author

Topic: New Wave of Phishing Emails - page 2. (Read 1503 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
May 02, 2017, 10:54:45 AM
Anyone have an idea how it is possible to acquired information to us?
The forum was hacked in 2015. I assume the database used for this phishing attempt is from that hack.

Kinda want some technical knowledge about this kind of phishing attempt*.
Use Google then?

As I mentioned in related thread to this, I used my unused extra old laptop (the stock one) to find out what will happened out of my curiousity. Connect it to internet, download, remove internet and open it. My security there are not triggered. Im wondering how it can access those inside stuffs?
You won't really figure out what it is doing or attempting to do without adequate technical knowledge, unless it is plainly obvious (e.g. ransomware screen).
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
May 02, 2017, 10:52:35 AM
Anyone have an idea how it is possible to acquired information to us? Kinda want some technical knowledge about this kind of phishing attempt*.

As I mentioned in related thread to this, I used my unused extra old laptop (the stock one) to find out what will happened out of my curiousity. Connect it to internet, download, remove internet and open it. My security there are not triggered. Im wondering how it can access those inside stuffs?
copper member
Activity: 686
Merit: 603
Electricity is really just organized lightning
May 02, 2017, 10:47:44 AM

Email came from [email protected]

As Lauda says, do not open any attachments. This is ransomware or malware.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
May 02, 2017, 10:36:53 AM
It looks like someone is using the forums hacked database again for nefarious purposes. Several individuals have mentioned receiving these emails, and at least some have already fallen victim to them.

Do not download.
Pages:
Jump to: