Pages:
Author

Topic: New website to Cryptocurrency by User Rating - page 2. (Read 561 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
November 05, 2020, 08:52:26 AM
You will have hard time gaining more users because CoinGecko website for example have very good working website with like/rating feature and much more useful options.

Rating however can be easily faked with multiaccounting so I don't trust any rating very much, and I doubt many people will use website only related to crypto ranking.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 3419
Crypto Swap Exchange
November 05, 2020, 08:43:15 AM
All websites which use bootstrap elements by default look similar. You need to make some obvious graphical changes, like no-full screen page.
When someone wants to vote there, registration is mandatory it is okay to prevent multiple voting. However, it would be good to have a comment field as well, so we can read why someone gives only one star or all five stars to some currencies.
It's not the same thing when someone just leaves top ratings without comment or with "good project" words. It's easy for some shitcoin to go on top of the table.
Just want to say that is your system is susceptible to manipulation.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
November 05, 2020, 08:05:38 AM
The interface was exactly the same on the index page of coinmarketcap.com.

And for the feature of user can give ratings based on their favorites, I think that would be misleading since anyone can just put a random star rating on it.

For example, lowered coins can have lots of stars compare to those top coins.

Is similar but not the same, i'm using bootstrap is like that is used in many site also, but i intend change it.

The idea is the user let review about the cryptos, is about a feelings about it, nothing professional
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
November 05, 2020, 01:22:50 AM
Maybe move from the CMC design and create your own web interface. After all you are doing this to grow the site into something big and probably put up ads in future and sell those spaces for money. We know how it works. Cheesy

Hence I would suggest you to develop your own template and not copy from other making it very obvious.

Further suggestions would include users to make accounts on the site and leave their reviews on the site, not based on personal opinions but as a general objective overview of the project behind it.

This could be made into something big if you are willing to work on it.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
November 04, 2020, 10:41:03 PM
The interface was exactly the same on the index page of coinmarketcap.com.

And for the feature of user can give ratings based on their favorites, I think that would be misleading since anyone can just put a random star rating on it.

For example, lowered coins can have lots of stars compare to those top coins.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
November 04, 2020, 09:59:33 PM
https://www.cryptosrank.com/

I created a new website for the user to leave his review about his favorite currency.
Pages:
Jump to: