Pages:
Author

Topic: New XDN exchange allowing 3 decimals past a satoshi - page 2. (Read 3006 times)

Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Sorry, direct transfers are not possible.  The exchange uses payment id to differentiate between deposits, and Bittrex and Poloniex do not support payment ids when withdrawing.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Will we be able to transfer XDN directly from either Bittrex or Poloniex to this exchange?
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Ducknote exchange release
Allows up to 3 decimal places past a satoshi

Update: This exchange has since been updated.  Please see its new thread here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/subtoshi-new-exchange-allowing-11-decimals-764158, as this thread is no longer current, and cannot be guaranteed to be accurate.

A large problem that came up in the Ducknote community was that the market value was floating around 3 satoshi.  As all the existing exchanges do not allow decimal values past a satoshi, there was no room for the value to move unless it was to jump (or fall) 33% to 2 or 4 in one go.

I set to develop a new exchange that supports values with precision of up to one one-thousandth of a satoshi.  Today, after running many tests I can say that the exchange is now fully functional.

Current features / "specs":

• All values stored as integers
  • All conversions from ints to floats are done via string manipulation (no floating point arithmetic is done)
  • Balances are derived from transaction and deposit history
  • A hash with a salt of all data (transaction history, user data, etc.) is stored.  The hashes are checked against data as it is loaded and used to ensure the data has not been modified
  • The server is hosted locally, and is managed locally.  No ssh is set up, thus increasing security of the server
  • The database is backed up to S3 currently on a daily basis (although backups may be scheduled more frequently, it depends on how large the backups would be and the user activity)
  • Additional features will be listed in updates as they are added

Planned release dates: on 7/13/2014 the exchange will be opened to a small number of people to see how it goes.  The exchange will be open to the general public on 7/15/2014 with limited features, and more features will be added as time goes on after that.

Update 7/14/2014:
Today the exchange is being opened for beta testing.  Although I have taken a lot of time to ensure the exchange works flawlessly, I am still offering rewards for issues/bugs found:

• 1000 xdn just for testing
  • 2000 xdn for reporting a noncritical bug
  • 10000 xdn for a critical bug

As of now, all accounts will get 0.05 BTC and 1M XDN for testing purposes.  Although the credited amounts are sufficient for testing, any deposited funds can also be used, and will remain even after this initial testing period.  Withdrawals are disabled until the testing period is over.  The testing period will not exceed 3 days.

At the end of the testing period, all transactions and balances will be cleared.  Deposited funds will remain.

Right now the exchange has the minimum number of features needed to operate, so they could be tested as soon as possible.  More features such as graphs and market history will be added soon.
Market history has been added.  I am working on the market graph.

Update 7/18/2014:
The exchange is now fully functional!  Thank you to everyone who took the time to help test!  1000 xdn has been sent to each account as promised.
As the exchange has only been out for a few days, I am still going to classify it as beta, but the testing period with test funds is over, and it is a working exchange now.
Updates to the site today included
  • Withdrawals were enabled
  • The orders page was redesigned to show when an order was placed and when the last transaction on an order occurred
  • Transaction history has been added to the orders page
  • Page load time was improved by loading data such as coin balances after page load

Update 7/21/2014
  • The market page now automatically updates the current orders and your current balance.  It is no longer necessary to refresh.
  • Added the option to click on an active order to autofill the buy or sell order form
Pages:
Jump to: