Pages:
Author

Topic: New York’s New Bitcoin Rules Are Going to Kill Its Startups - page 3. (Read 3122 times)

Activity: 743
Merit: 502
New York’s New Bitcoin Rules Are Going to Kill Its Startups

http://www.wired.com/2014/07/ny_bitcoin/

Good! i dont' want NY to be the center of bitcoin inovation anyway! last thing we need is bunch of wallstreet cunts running over to BTC land and loopholing the shit out of it.
go fuck yourself NY.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
One hopeful (though overly optimistic, perhaps) thing to keep in mind is that this is a draft at the moment. With good fortune, maybe it won't come to fruition.

New York hasn't been a good State for any kind of business for a long time now. I think they're lucky to have Wall Street there, because they continue to drive business and innovation away from their State. It's only going to hurt them in the long run. Whichever State is first to publicly announce a Bitcoin friendly environment stands to benefit quite a bit, I believe. It's an industry in its adolescence looking to grow more and more; why not capitalize on that early in the game?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I have a feeling that the Bitcoin version of Silicon Valley and Wall Street won't be in New York, then. The way things are going, our hotbed of innovation is probably going to be on a seastead somewhere. Or maybe out in space where there isn't much in the way of government.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1000
Finally is it about time that some BTC candidates run from (for?) the community.

I'd love to hear more about this process and what you think needs to happen.  Smiley
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
As tyrannical governments get more desperate we will see more desperate measures such as confiscating funds from banks that operate in countries deemed to be too weak on Bitcoin.

American exceptionalism knows no bounds.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
NYC loss....when they see how much money they are loosening at 10~100~1000x today, they will likely change their tune.

also I note

"Bitcoin businesses must also file frequent reports to Lawsky’s organization"

typical bureaucracy trying to give itself more power and importance at the expense and cost of the taxpayer.

One thing the US does have going for it is the competing corporations laws inter state, which may allow much larger competition in seeking income.

Much like Delaware has quite good company laws and a purportedly excellent bench, so many companies like to incorporate their.

Further politicians are more than happy it seems to accept BTC funding. This may cause and advantage to BTC accepting politicians and thus force more to accept. They will find away from self interest to make it possible for them to get money/BTC.

Finally is it about time that some BTC candidates run from the community. I have found in elections that if even appear to take any sort vote, all of a sudden the front runner will contact you and they will cut a deal.

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
I don't believe there are any Bitcoin startups in NY and that likely isn't a coincidence.   The bad news is for NY residents.  Unless scaled way back many startups will simply not be able to comply.  That will leave residents of NY with less choices, more risk (unlawful entities), and higher costs.
Activity: 484
Merit: 250
HubrisOne
Indeed exciting!
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Crypto Currency Live News
New York’s New Bitcoin Rules Are Going to Kill Its Startups

http://www.wired.com/2014/07/ny_bitcoin/
Pages:
Jump to: