Pages:
Author

Topic: Newbie 51% question / solution - page 2. (Read 1585 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
December 27, 2011, 12:58:34 PM
Its more of an idea than a solution but if it is viable then i guess it will upset a lot of people within the Bitcoin community.

Who will it upset? The big miners.

Why? Lets look at some stuff:

Idea
[/u][/b]

Since mining is needed to validate the whole concept, why not get everyone to mine instead of a few people that invest in hardware? I mean, lets enable automining from the official client and somehow (programmers contribution needed here) disable anyone from trying to mine using a different/separate mining client. Automining will be enabled for all users of Bitcoin and it will be solo. No pools or anything. Also it will be done from the CPU.

Advantages:

- More power in the network. Right not all the power comes from the miners. If everyone was a miner then the network would have more power and thus it would be more difficult to attack it.
- Electricity costs split evenly and will also be minimal.
- It will be exactly as it was conceived in the beginning. A lottery with even chances for everyone.
- Bitcoin users will turn from mining to actually using the currency and developing a network of businesses around it. If everyone concentrates on getting the word out and starting a new business and and and then success will come a lot easier than now.

Disadvantages:

- Mining for profit will not be possible but who cares (except for those who are making a profit out of mining  Grin)? I mean Bitcoin was created so that we can get away from centralized fiat currency. It was not created so that people with money to splash on hardware make more money out of it. I understand that most senior members mine profitably but if you want the coin to succeed then you need to use it not just print it.

Let me know your opinion and ideas.
Pages:
Jump to: