Pages:
Author

Topic: Newbie - Investing in BTC/ETH - page 3. (Read 1802 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
July 21, 2017, 03:10:24 PM
Hello all,

I'm new to this and have started learning about the characteristics of bitcoin, how to mine it and the pros and cons of it. Although I have learnt the basics of mining, I personally don't plan on doing it as simply put I do not have the resources to do so. So rather than mining, I am looking into purchasing BTC through localbitcoins then transferring it to my Electrum wallet.

My questions are: (some of these have been answered in older threads but I just want to be reassured please)
- Would you advise on purchasing BTC now before August 1st?
- Is it advisable to use Electrum to store the coins? I have encrypted it and written my seed on paper.
- Would you say, in your opinion, ETH would be a good investment?

I only plan on purchasing a small amount of BTC (3-4) to start with.

If you have any books (or articles) you'd like to share that'd be a good read, please do share!

Thanks,
Makkie

Well you are just a few days late for purchasing bitcoin. The price plummeted to around $1800-$1900 a while back and that is the perfect opportunity to buy because the price is low. Remember, buy low sell high. So I urge you to wait for a bit before getting bitcoin.

Yes, Electrum is one of the best besides Bitcoin core wallet. Fast, lightweight you set the fees when transferring your coins, best of all you have control of the private keys and the seeds.

Ethereum can be a good investment but I don't know if it can reached again the level it got a few months ago when it touches ATH of more than $400. Right now, even though its red, the price is still high to buy. Just wait till it touches below $200.

I don't have books to share. If you are looking for a read. This forum would be the best. There are a lot of knowledgeable members here. If you have question just ask and I'm sure someone will answer you. You should also familiarized yourself in this forum and just go around several threads, you might find your answers there. Goodluck.
Activity: 574
Merit: 255
July 21, 2017, 03:00:05 PM
Hello all,

I'm new to this and have started learning about the characteristics of bitcoin, how to mine it and the pros and cons of it. Although I have learnt the basics of mining, I personally don't plan on doing it as simply put I do not have the resources to do so. So rather than mining, I am looking into purchasing BTC through localbitcoins then transferring it to my Electrum wallet.

My questions are: (some of these have been answered in older threads but I just want to be reassured please)
- Is it advisable to use Electrum to store the coins? I have encrypted it and written my seed on paper.

If you have any books (or articles) you'd like to share that'd be a good read, please do share!

Thanks,
Makkie

1. You should better buy when it was 1800$ , it was 2-3 days ago 1800$ - 1 btc , if you were buying it , actually you could have profit 1000$ just for 1 btc , but stay tuned on coinmarketcap.com , when he goes down , buy , the bitcoin is going up
2.Hmmm I am not sure about Electrum but if you want a safe wallet , go on bitaddress and create one , i think is the safest method to get a wallet
3.Yes it will be a good investment , ethereum reached 400$ just in 1 year , and about bitcoin took some years to reach 400$ , I bought 500 eth when it was 7 usd and I still keeping him
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
July 21, 2017, 02:51:30 PM
- Date doesn't matter much, the only thing you have to look at is price of bitcoin. You can wait for few more days for possible correction in bitcoin price to buy some.
- Yes electrum is way more secure than any other web wallets. Don't upload that seed online.
- ETH can also be a good investment looking at its price right now, it is under correction so its good time to buy some.
Activity: 12
Merit: 1
July 21, 2017, 02:46:56 PM
What if the price doesn't drop and increases? Many people (inc. those who predicted correctly in the past) suggest that it'll increase after Aug 1st. I am clueless whether to purchase before the event or after. Maybe 1 BTC rather than going for 3-4 before the event?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
July 21, 2017, 11:49:58 AM
Now is not the time to buy BTC, but for ETH i guess. Prices of both coins might drop in couple of days or week, and after August 1st that's the only time we can surely predict what will happen.
L
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
July 21, 2017, 11:01:21 AM
Wait a bit longer, price will most likely go down in the future.

Electrum is a great wallet.

You can, probably, buy ethereum at a much lower price than todays.

When people say we are in a 'bear market' it will be the time for you to buy bitcoin and ethereum, don't fear missing out, follow the market and you'll find a good entry price.
Activity: 12
Merit: 1
July 21, 2017, 10:17:28 AM
Hello all,

Thanks,
Makkie
Pages:
Jump to: