Pages:
Author

Topic: Newbie looking to start buying - page 2. (Read 236 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
January 02, 2018, 11:20:50 PM
You said you're going to buy and sell, using blockchain.info or any online wallet is not recommended for you, even alternative clients like electrum isn't.
Buying at low and selling at high requires a trading platform, without it, you will have to pay fees and wait for confirmation just to do so.

As a newbie you need to use the simplest platform available,
that is Coinbase for USA (and some parts of the world) or Coins for Asian Countries.

I hear a lot of stuff about coinbase, heres my question they do work right?

Ok so say i buy a phsycal wallet how do i put in/ take out my bc?
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 6080
Self-proclaimed Genius
January 02, 2018, 11:17:24 PM
You said you're going to buy and sell, using blockchain.info or any online wallet is not recommended for you, even alternative clients like electrum isn't.
Buying at low and selling at high requires a trading platform, without it, you will have to pay fees and wait for confirmation just to do so.

As a newbie you need to use the simplest platform available,
that is Coinbase for USA (and some parts of the world) or Coins for Asian Countries.
copper member
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
January 02, 2018, 11:04:42 PM
Hello everyone,
 So i am wanting to start buying bitcoin/ satoshis, ive been researching but a few things confound me.

So im supposed to get an encrypted bitcoin wallet that is trustable right? Well what is trustable/secure for a full time mobile device?

Where and how do i buy bitcoin? Is there fees?

Any advice or help i can get to help me start safe and securely buying is appreciated!

if u want to buy bitcoin first you do just create a bitcoin wallet. I preffered to coinomi if u have a smartphone just download in playstore. Keep ur private key, seed key or secret phrase.

Then you can buy bitcoin via changelly.com thru your creditcard. If you dont have a creditcard. In your country i think we have exchanger u can buy bitcoin to your local exchanger.. Your bitcoin is safe if hold ur private key do not exposed to others to avoid scam or hack.
January 02, 2018, 10:52:22 PM
So im supposed to get an encrypted bitcoin wallet that is trustable right? Well what is trustable/secure for a full time mobile device?
For online wallets and wallets that you can download to your smart phone, you can try Blockchain.info and Wallet.btc.com
I tried using both and works for me very well. Blockchain.info and Wallet.btc.com are available for Android users and IOS users.

Buying Bitcoins depends from where you are located, you can buy easily in Coinbase if you are from USA and other countries that they allow selling BTCs. Better look for your community (sub-forum) here if you are not from US and ask around if there's a local exchanger in your area.

Ahh thank you ill look into it, also im am in the usa
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
January 02, 2018, 10:49:34 PM
For online wallets and wallets that you can download to your smart phone, you can try Blockchain.info and Wallet.btc.com
I tried using both and works for me very well. Blockchain.info and Wallet.btc.com are available for Android users and IOS users.

Buying Bitcoins depends from where you are located, you can buy easily in Coinbase if you are from USA and other countries that they allow selling BTCs. Better look for your community (sub-forum) here if you are not from US and ask around if there's a local exchanger in your area.
January 02, 2018, 10:42:30 PM
Welcome!!

You have a long road ahead of you and I just wanted to give you a good warning.

Be very, very wary of trusting random people from forums on your journey, and careful with links.

I don't want to scare you, but it's similar to 1980 again with all the scammers out there trying to get newbies to the internet.

If you ever need any advice then you can ask me here.

Good luck man and have fun on your journey to the moon.

Thank you a couple friends pointed me here to find people who are willing to help/ explain which scams to avoid...

If it helps i plan to just buy and sell as prices change...im not looking to actually spend bitcoin on purchases as of yet.

Also is there a reccomended phsycall wallet i can look up that is safe?

Im assuming you only get a key if you own bc?
Activity: 28
January 02, 2018, 10:40:08 PM
Hello everyone,
 So i am wanting to start buying bitcoin/ satoshis, ive been researching but a few things confound me.

Any advice or help i can get to help me start safe and securely buying is appreciated!

I just wanted to further add to my comment with some pointers.

Question every source.

Confirm every source.

If it looks to good to be true - it probably is.

NEVER give out your PRIVATE KEY (you'll know what this is later, but in the meantime just remember that advice, private key = PRIVATE)

Activity: 28
January 02, 2018, 10:36:59 PM
Welcome!!

You have a long road ahead of you and I just wanted to give you a good warning.

Be very, very wary of trusting random people from forums on your journey, and careful with links.

I don't want to scare you, but it's similar to 1980 again with all the scammers out there trying to get newbies to the internet.

If you ever need any advice then you can ask me here.

Good luck man and have fun on your journey to the moon.

Activity: 462
Merit: 100
January 02, 2018, 10:31:32 PM
Hello everyone,

for bitcoin wallet I can suggest you to save it in blockchain wallet directly there you can make wallet for free, not only that there you also can buy bitcoin directly.
https://www.blockchain.com/ that is the address.
January 02, 2018, 08:13:35 PM
Hello everyone,

Pages:
Jump to: