Pages:
Author

Topic: Newbie (me) trying to invest in a project - page 2. (Read 480 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 11
September 27, 2017, 06:56:07 AM
Thank you all for reply.
This week I'll have my first investment. Smiley
Have a great cypto day Smiley
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Dutch CORION Provider
September 26, 2017, 01:50:29 PM
If you are new in the cryptocurrency, then I wouldn't start with an ICO. Most ICO's have bonuses, but most ICO's are very volatile when launched, so the bonuses are sometimes negligible and not worth the risk. Some coins will collapse completely after an ICO and some do ride to the moon. You have to really study the whitepapers and follow the media/forums/tweets and so and hope that you pick the right ICO.

You could maybe start with a coin which is just released on exchanges, so the first dip or rise is over and you can choose a coin with a steady growth after the first volatile period. I myself have followed 1 ICO (CORION) and that coin is just released on Cryptopia (but there is a deposit issue which have to be fixed first at Cryptopia's side) and has a stable-price system. The profit is that you can gain more coins if there is demand for the [Suspicious link removed]d luck in crypto...
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
September 26, 2017, 01:34:05 PM
Welcome to the community.

Let’s say you have already decided on the project you want to invest in and you have the BTC/ETH on hand. Firstly,
you have to identify whether the project collect funds in BTC, ETH or other altcoins and you have to send the funds accordingly. One important point, you have to send BTC or ETH from a wallet you have full control which means you own the private key to your wallet. Do not send from cryptocurrencies exchange such as Bittrex, Coinbase and etc.

Example of wallets that are popular.

BTC: Blockchain.com
ETH: Myetherwallet

After you have send the funds to the project, you will receive your ICO coins USUALLY in this manner.
ETH: The tokens will be sent to you wallet address and you are able to see the ICO coins in myetherwallet
BTC and other altcoins: You will be provided a way to claim your ICO coins
I suggest you to read the project contribution methods carefully because not all the ICO projects operate in the same way. For example, mobilego project has a dashboard and allow you to receive the project coins in either ETH wallet or Waves wallets.

Feel free to ask in the ICO ANN thread if you have any doubts.
September 26, 2017, 01:17:39 PM
Thanks for the advice guys.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
September 26, 2017, 12:50:09 PM
best advice i have is to tag along to one of the big popular projects and do a small investment - like maybe $5 to $10 - just to go through the process and figure it out.
September 26, 2017, 11:02:23 AM
Hi,
I'm new to this community and I'm trying to understand quick a lot of information in a short period of time.
If you can and have the time please share with me the steps I have to take to make a investment into a new ICO project. Let's say from the begining that this project is interesting and fiable, what are the steps that I have to take from the moment that I have the BTC/ETH until that ICO project will be released: how do I contribute to the project, how will they know that it was me who sended the contribution, how will I get the new tokens, where will I be able to get the new wallet, and other and other things that you consider important to know and it will be helpfull)
(If there is another discoution with simmilar question please send that link - I couldn't find it)
Thank you in advance.
Pages:
Jump to: