Pages:
Author

Topic: Newbie needs a wallet - page 3. (Read 2376 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 508
LOTEO
December 06, 2015, 06:59:43 PM
Thanks for all your suggestions. I looked at the list...is there any advantage/disadvantage to using Circle? I will need to change the funds into fiat money at some point and it says they can do this?

All wallets can change to fiat using an exchange or trader. The disadvantage is you don't own the private key, this means the third party (Circle) has control of your bitcoins. If you are the sole owner of a private key, you have 100% controls of the bitcoins without relying on a third party. The advantage of Circle is it looks easy to use.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
December 06, 2015, 06:48:29 PM
I would not recommend using web wallets(even though it is the easiest way) but use Electrum or Micelium as mobile wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
December 06, 2015, 06:44:59 PM
The only 2 wallet I can recommend you are MultiBit HD  orElectrum, the second one allows you to recover your wallet from a secret phrase.
These 2 are the best newbie friendly wallet imo. They are software based and don't need whole blockchain on your machine to be functional.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
December 06, 2015, 06:01:33 PM
Thanks for all your suggestions. I looked at the list...is there any advantage/disadvantage to using Circle? I will need to change the funds into fiat money at some point and it says they can do this?
staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code
December 06, 2015, 05:22:31 PM
IMO web wallets are bad, especially Blockchain.info. However, if you are intent on using a web wallet, choose one from https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet in the "web" tab. That lists several wallets and the web tab specifically web wallets. These wallets are considered good and trustable wallets to use. The site will also tell you some information on the wallets security and privacy. You may notice that blockchain.info isn't there, and that is for good reason.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
December 06, 2015, 05:18:31 PM
Best web wallet is blockchain.info (imo). It has had its bad times, but it's still reliable.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
December 06, 2015, 05:17:18 PM
Hello everyone, I am new to this and having been spending most of the weekend trying to understand how everything works. I think I am getting there but just wandered whether anyone could suggest the best option I could use for a wallet. Only proviso is that I don’t want it to show on my computer and so not a desktop wallet or one for my mobile phone. So I guess I am asking what the best web based wallet is? Any suggestions?
Pages:
Jump to: