Pages:
Author

Topic: Newbie Trading Basics 101 - page 2. (Read 3237 times)

Zem
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
August 02, 2011, 11:48:17 PM
Usually a wall supports the roof of your house and also creates enclosures to make rooms.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Brad Willman, SSCP, LTCP, MCTS,SCE,BCE
August 02, 2011, 11:44:25 PM
I'll finish reading right after I put up a 15k BTC ask wall at $12.

That's awfully bullish of you.  My 15k BTC ask wall is going at $11.80.

If the price hits 11.80 will all those coins you have a buy order for drive the price significantly? Whats the purpose of a "wall"?
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
August 02, 2011, 11:13:22 PM

That's awfully bullish of you.  My 15k BTC ask wall is going at $11.80.
Zem
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
August 02, 2011, 11:00:03 PM
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015
August 02, 2011, 10:45:53 PM
I am making this post in hopes of helping some newbie miners + traders alike. I think 90% of the traders in this community (which probably amount to less than 10% of the population) probably know all of the recommendations in this post by heart, and maybe they will bitch and moan about some of the responses. But who cares screw them! This is primarily for the techies who don't know squat about trading.  We are all here to learn, and this seems to be the area with the most trading newbs on the forum. I will start with 1 recommendation and anyone can input anything they like after. The more confidence people have with their trading abilities, the more stable Bitcoin prices will become...

Newbie Tip 1: Do not put out ridiculous sell orders.

Don't buy at 13 and then put those 13 right back on the market for $20... It dosen't work like that, and if it did we would all be rich by now! The more Bitcoins that are in the exchange markets, the LOWER THE PRICE WILL BE. So basically you are hurting yourself by doing what I just mentioned above, and I see alot of ridiculous sell orders out there proving my theory... Get rid of your SELL ORDERS unless you actually INTEND on selling!

There's my tip ! Please don't be greedy guys...

Quick Note: I am one of the trading newbs here. I have never traded in my life before Bitcoins so it is an exciting and new thing for me, and I am not ashamed/afraid to say so. Learning isn't free, and people should really try to understand that before they get into something like this... And in the recent hostile environment in this community it's hard to ask ANY questions without getting ridiculed for three pages. This is your safe haven.
Pages:
Jump to: