Pages:
Author

Topic: Newbies, don’t feel unwelcome. - page 3. (Read 814 times)

Activity: 87
Merit: 4
Safe.Trade is supporting the ( $ANON ) fork
March 30, 2018, 01:16:08 PM

So I guess we're all just replying with nonsense then until our stats allow us to post elsewhere?

lol

I realize there is a need for screening but this entire thread category is comical to read.     It looks like one of those coin threads where people are obviously just posting to get airdrops.

Why not just upgrade the forum software?   SMF has some pretty good tools for screening in later versions.   And the site would get hacked less too.
Activity: 14
Merit: 3
March 30, 2018, 08:05:23 AM
I'm not sure the rank in this forum has any bearings in real life.  A Legendary here could be a 20 year old unemployed who didn't finish college and a newbie could be a college professor.  Although it doesn't mean a 20-year college dropout is not wealthy or successful, just saying.... 
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
March 30, 2018, 07:19:32 AM
I am newbie at here but i want to make money from this places. So do not hesitate to share knowledge here. because many of us need it. thanks  Grin
Activity: 37
Merit: 2
March 30, 2018, 06:58:50 AM
That is for the message..My post got deleted by admin shortly after even though I thought I posted sensible comments.

Now I feel better
Activity: 4
March 30, 2018, 06:17:38 AM
Thank you. This is heart-warming Wink Wink
Activity: 196
March 30, 2018, 05:00:09 AM
I always feel welcome because i knew with time i will get money on bitcoin
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
March 29, 2018, 01:16:56 PM
Exactly! Newbies are supposed to read the post and understand how the forum works instead of posting from the day one. I have seen newbies doing serious mistakes and getting themselves in trouble. For example, as soon as they realize that there is a lending there is a lending subsection on this forum where they can borrow Bitcoins they immediately post their request for a no collateral loan and senior members post red trust feedback to prevent scams resulting in a damage of reputation of newbies. The best practice is to read as much as they can before posting anything.
Activity: 56
March 29, 2018, 12:48:09 PM
yea theres alot of first day perception on this fourm but i have came to get over it and keep posting and contributing to the talks and questions people have.

Even if ur a noob you can still help out the guy that came in after you and sometimes before you!
Activity: 585
Merit: 251
March 29, 2018, 07:53:57 AM
Hello fellow newbies, I want to be as straight forward as possible for this post. First of all, please do not feel unwelcome if high rankers or admins will criticize or delete your post. Admins have their valid reasons why they deleted your post in the first place. Treat this forum as a corporate or a respectful forum.

Second, if high rankers debated on how you create or delivered an opinion about it, please do not take it personally. Accept it as a lesson learned, or if you think you’re right, make it as your strength.

Lastly, do not feel unwelcome. Everyone here welcomes you to write your opinion, post questions and insights for the knowledge of others. Good luck to all newbies, and most of all, just follow the rules alright? Have a wonderful day!
Nice post, this should be first post to every guy that enter this forum cause nowadays lots of accounts are just disabled cause of not nice first perception of people on this forum.
Activity: 10
March 29, 2018, 05:05:26 AM
Thank you so much! it help me feel better Smiley
Activity: 22
March 29, 2018, 02:24:40 AM
thank you for helping us learn, this rule can be our guide and correction again
Activity: 87
Merit: 4
Safe.Trade is supporting the ( $ANON ) fork
March 28, 2018, 11:37:52 PM
There's honestly no divide between new members and the older members. Newbies can contribute the same way after all, besides minor differences like signature limitations and some anti-spam filters. The perceived divide comes from some newbies acting like spammers and being somewhat toxic in general. People really don't discriminate otherwise.

If you're a newbie who doesn't ask questions that can be answered by the search bar, thinks about what they post, and follows the rules, there's no reason why people would be hostile towards you.

Great post,

It would be good to know what the requirements are to post on the rest of this forum though.   I can certainly understand the need for those requirements, being no stranger to the site.   But I feel the actual rules may have gotten lost in the shuffle somewhere recently.
Activity: 97
Merit: 12
March 28, 2018, 11:22:03 PM
Yeah, newbies are really welcome here if they are readily to learn, and contribute to the forum, like the one (Talk merit).
This new account has been highly welcome in the forum, and has gotten 2 merits by now.
You can visit the account's post history to learn more about how the guy did it.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/talk-merit-1977706
Activity: 42
March 28, 2018, 02:57:43 PM
There's nothing wrong with being a newbie. Just do a lot of research on the market leaders and look for ways to maximize your time.

I like airdrops. The time and effort / reward ratio can be very cozy if you pick the right ones. You just need an off-exchange wallet (like My Ether Wallet) to hold ERC20 tokens built on Ethereum.

I have an easy-to-read list of 35+ active airdrops on my twitter profile. I even just gave it a nice little top 10 system. Just copy / paste the twitter url in my signature then click on the Google spreadsheet.
Activity: 168
Merit: 16
“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”
March 28, 2018, 11:54:02 AM
This is true. Newbies should not come in with the feeling that they are not welcomed! I personally didn’t feel that way when I joined. Like every other forum/community, when you come in, you’re to learn all you can about it and follow the rules.

The thing about other newbies here is just wanted to do what they want and how they can rank up fast to make bigger money. So if other members criticize their work, they will be somehow mad about it for delaying their strategy. They don’t understand the principle of being a newbie is to learn and to practice good attitude among others.
March 28, 2018, 11:50:40 AM
Me I don't have time to learn lot of things about cryptocurencies and I have a poor english level. My posts are bad and there is one guy who is 24/24 on the forum. He told me that I'm idiot in spite of my efforts to be a minimum present. So I feel unwelcome. If I had the time I will do better Cry Cry Cry

Awww Sad Here’s a good advise, I can see that you already have a lot of activities. And that’s a good thing. Continue to be active and read about how they (merit earners) post and how they interact with other members here. You can learn how to post without violatinng any rules and learn how to post quality once as well. It’s like hitting 2 birds in one stone.
March 28, 2018, 11:40:12 AM
Your topic is very Good to encourage beginners to get better at creating good quality topics. The spirit for the beginner proves we can be even better.

Am I right? I was just wondering what made newbies post about how they treated here in our forum. So I did a research on what’s happening between both parties (newbies and admins/high rankers). Then the reason why newbies are feeling unwelcomed is because high rankers don’t have a time to explain why they deleted or discourage the post. Now this post is for being the voice for both parties.
March 28, 2018, 11:28:47 AM
Thanks for making this topic. I got disappointed when one of my long posts was deleted by a senior member for no apparent reason (only the standard BCT reason was stated). But now I understand that he/she had the best intention of the forum in mind when deleting a post of a Newbie. In retrospect, my post may not have been suitable for the topic where it was posted in the first place.

The best thing to follow in this forum is to take nothing to heart. Read, learn, improve everyday. And you will understand why senior members do what they do. Probably, you will not get everyone. But one day you will be a senior member too.

See, experience is the greatest teacher of all. And by that experience it can help you understand what’s the reason behind the actions of the high rankers to us newbies. Just feel free to express yourselves but be mindful of the rules while typing every word in your post. Thank yo for sharing in the thread sir.
Activity: 2
March 28, 2018, 06:19:07 AM
when I was new, i felt like I was a little child in a big world but when I saw this post, I realized that I need to learn more and to read more.
Activity: 73
Merit: 1
March 28, 2018, 05:24:16 AM
Thanks for making this topic. I got disappointed when one of my long posts was deleted by a senior member for no apparent reason (only the standard BCT reason was stated). But now I understand that he/she had the best intention of the forum in mind when deleting a post of a Newbie. In retrospect, my post may not have been suitable for the topic where it was posted in the first place.

The best thing to follow in this forum is to take nothing to heart. Read, learn, improve everyday. And you will understand why senior members do what they do. Probably, you will not get everyone. But one day you will be a senior member too.
Pages:
Jump to: