Pages:
Author

Topic: News Flash! Spoetnik goes into hiding. - page 3. (Read 2913 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
November 01, 2014, 07:01:15 AM
If your currency/project can't take a Spoetnik attack, and feels the need to take legal action against him......it's not a very good sign.
If S. is just trolling, then no worries, but he's not the only guy bringing up the red flags, and there is actually some evidence in the form of chatlogs.
Activity: 265
Merit: 250
November 01, 2014, 06:30:26 AM
Seeing that Spoetnik deletes my posts in his threads, thought I would start my own. Unmoderated.

Taken from Poloniex troll box:

"Spoetnik: i'll be offline soon enough you all Wink
Spoetnik: i have said for 2/3 months have to move soon.. so i will have no internet i think for a while (not sure how long)"

Is our Crypto-Hero crumbling under the pressure?

Come on Spoetnik don't give up the good fight. I'm sure we can get a donation address together to help you out with the legal fees.
With all the lies and defamatory comments about Dan Metcalf I'd be surprised if some legal action (or an apology) doesn't eventuate.
People with not much sense get the idea they can post lies about people and have no consequences. And, most of the time here developers are anonymous so it's not such an issue.
Dan Metcalf though has been very open about who he is from the start, so it's a little different when the administrator of this site allows defamatory stuff to be posted day after day.
Dan is also a businessman so there is little doubt that the lies posted here will cost him money.

Is that really fair, for people to post lies about someone over the internet and accuse you of fraud without supplying real evidence?
I don't think courts would take that view.

Seriously no scam coin pushes defamatory case would last 10 sec in a court room  Kiss
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
November 01, 2014, 06:15:38 AM
Seeing that Spoetnik deletes my posts in his threads, thought I would start my own. Unmoderated.

Spoetnik: i have said for 2/3 months have to move soon.. so i will have no internet i think for a while (not sure how long)"

Come on Spoetnik don't give up the good fight. I'm sure we can get a donation address together to help you out with the legal fees.
With all the lies and defamatory comments about Dan Metcalf I'd be surprised if some legal action (or an apology) doesn't eventuate.
People with not much sense get the idea they can post lies about people and have no consequences. And, most of the time here developers are anonymous so it's not such an issue.
Dan Metcalf though has been very open about who he is from the start, so it's a little different when the administrator of this site allows defamatory stuff to be posted day after day.
Dan is also a businessman so there is little doubt that the lies posted here will cost him money.

Is that really fair, for people to post lies about someone over the internet and accuse you of fraud without supplying real evidence?
I don't think courts would take that view.
legendary
Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000
November 01, 2014, 03:03:24 AM

edit:

Since posting this Spoetnik has had a change of heart (see post 49).
He is NOT running away and will ( I assume) meet further challenges head on.
Atta boy Spoetnik!
Pages:
Jump to: