Pages:
Author

Topic: NEWS: MtGox should be able to resume withdrawals "soon" - page 2. (Read 9509 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
ok, when I tried to withdraw btc, they returned this fucking message:

"Transfer queue is currently not accepting more requests, please retry later"

Does that mean they are devising some fucking queuing system, first come first out and say put a total daily aggregate limit at 10btc for all users? then when we used up that limts(or Gox CLAIMS that the daily limit is used up, given no one really know the actual utilization of limit anyway) , then no one can withdraw. they are the most evil assholes in the Universe! fuck Gox.

staff
Activity: 4200
Merit: 8441
It was obvious that blockchain.info would "help" MtGox out. The actual Bitcoin developers, on the other hand, basically responded by saying "You actually don't need this new txid thing you demand, just code your damn php based bitcoin daemon to look at actual inputs and outputs". https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/3656
Hey, another ID could be useful to help with customer support—  really this is only because people are not using Bitcoin as intended: if all your withdraws were to unique scriptPubkeys then thats all the ID you need to know you've been paid.

Of course, there would be no reason to gate withdraws on being able to give people IDs to look up transactions:  For one, you could always have your own internal gox UUID (which they already issue) to list-of-txids. ... and even without _any_ improvements in that regard, an ID lookup is only relevant in some negligible number of odd transactions.  I'm pretty sure customers would understand "Withdraws are enabled and working fine, but if there is any issue with your transaction, you'll have to wait in a long support queue to get it sorted" and prefer that over the current situation.

What that additional ID has to do with the Bitcoin protocol I dunno— it would purely be a frontend feature, and it's not like bitcoin-qt is the most significant wallet frontend— esp since it doesn't normally index third party transactions at all. There is no place for something like that in the protocol itself, similar to how the protocol itself has no concept of addresses (only scriptpubkeys) or change.
Activity: 520
Merit: 500
So they basically are:

1. Not opening withdrawals of BTC yet.

2. Haven't proven they have all of their customer funds.

3. "Supposedly" going to re-open withdrawal with new limits (BTC).

4. Not defined "limits" for BTC withdrawals (could be anything). <------- Prevents a bank run.

5. Claimed they will have more info by Thursday of this week (more delays as expected).

6. Still failing at running an exchange at world-class level.

Seriously they need to go away. Bitcoin doesn't need MTGOX and obviously MTGOX doesn't believe it needs to operate in the best interest of their customers.

Textbook example of a bank failing. They are giving just enough information so that customers don't go running to the legal authorities. They'll drag it out as a long as they can by delaying for vague reasons, and perhaps bring it online for a few select individuals just to throw a bone to the general community.

If you have money stored at MtGox, the only thing to be positive about right now is that MtGox is likely profiting from insider trading while the prices are low, which might mean they will solvent and come back online. That's illegal, of course, so there is a real risk that they might get shut down by the banking regulators in Japan at anytime. Good luck getting any kind of withdrawals then.
Activity: 10
What about my SEPA withdrawal from Dec 20th?!
No news about them!! Angry
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
In Hashrate We Trust!
Seems like this was an empty promise to create another wave of pump-and-dump, albeit shortlived.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
So they basically are:

1. Not opening withdrawals of BTC yet.

2. Haven't proven they have all of their customer funds.

3. "Supposedly" going to re-open withdrawal with new limits (BTC).

4. Not defined "limits" for BTC withdrawals (could be anything). <------- Prevents a bank run.

5. Claimed they will have more info by Thursday of this week (more delays as expected).

6. Still failing at running an exchange at world-class level.

Seriously they need to go away. Bitcoin doesn't need MTGOX and obviously MTGOX doesn't believe it needs to operate in the best interest of their customers.

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
You will understand the meaning of the word "eternity" as defined by mtGox..."Soon"...  Grin

It's time to understand eastern philosophy.....
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
How many times is Mt Scam going to claim they fixed the problem and are resuming withdrawals? 
So they have done this twice. 
Each time they don't deliver the price drops a little more.
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me three times ......they don't even have a saying for that one since it means the person would have to have the intelligence of a potato.
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
You will understand the meaning of the word "eternity" as defined by mtGox..."Soon"...  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
Just wait and sea .. 1  hope resume soon, so people can withdraw. Keep watch mtgox news

What's that shady link hxxp://sh.st/5YYv you're posting? Guys beware of that, I for one am not clicking on it.
Activity: 364
Merit: 257
Maybe this helps. After a month of silence, today I had communication with MtGox.
(I have a small amount of money there.)
But I was surprised to receive a personal mail, out of the blue.
Maybe its gonna live again, I hope for you all!

It seems it will, but by holding people funds against their will.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Maybe this helps. After a month of silence, today I had communication with MtGox.
(I have a small amount of money there.)
But I was surprised to receive a personal mail, out of the blue.
Maybe its gonna live again, I hope for you all!

Activity: 364
Merit: 257
You will NOT be able to withdrawal from Gox even when they resume it:

"At the beginning we will do so at a moderated pace and with new daily/
monthly limits in place to prevent any problems with the new system and to take
into account current market conditions. "

They will put enough limits to avoid people moving their funds somewhere else for safety. Actually that's the only reason they are currently holding fiat currency, and it is at least morally wrong if not illegal.

"At the beginning " you read as several months.
"current market conditions. " you can understand as their own condition;
Activity: 4
Maybe it is now again in game but here we see disadvantages of our system. One stock exchange has problem and BTC dive down. There should be some regulations. Now what? They will work like nothing happend?

Only a newbie to BTC so I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong here,

but one problem I find is that there isn't one solid BTC price per currency (ie USD,EUR,GBP etc). The BTC "price" is essentially exclusive to the exchange that lists it. A 50% sway recently due to MTGOX is just ridiculous.

The community would be better nominating a reliable and neutral body to keep tabs on factors and nominate a price. Shit like this just wouldn't happen then.

I'm sure there's a reason why this hasn't happened if I can think of it off the top of my head, hope someone can explain.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
I seriously don't know who can continue to use MtGox after shit like this? I personally will never touch that website
Activity: 45
Maybe it is now again in game but here we see disadvantages of our system. One stock exchange has problem and BTC dive down. There should be some regulations. Now what? They will work like nothing happend?
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
Mt Gox resuming will slowly push the price back up. Hope you all got your cheap BTC!

Or better yet, don't fall for such an obvious and desperate ploy (or that you're getting it from somewhere other than gox).  I could say I'm selling 1 BTC for $1, but if I never plan on giving it to you, you're still wasting your money.  Don't send a penny to gox because they can't be trusted with it.
Activity: 4
Mt Gox resuming will slowly push the price back up. Hope you all got your cheap BTC!
Activity: 5
As for me, what a fucking MTGOX? It really disappoint me
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002
Pages:
Jump to: