Pages:
Author

Topic: NEWS UPDATE on MTGOX web www.mtgox.com, new annouc. soon acc to Reuters - page 2. (Read 4010 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Stamp and BTC-e rebounding on a message from beyond the grave.

The magnitude of magic oozing out over every trader from the spirit of GOX is unbelievable.....

In 5 minutes we will have 10 threads on which price their trading engine will be rebooted at and if bitcoinbuilder can be used if the market takes off in the wrong direction...
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
mark karpeles is following the same script as pirate@40.  no action, just announcments of excuses why they dont simply return funds.

...delay tactics. basically.

every other exchange has already scripted a workaround for malleability. so mtgox has no excuse.

"monitoring the situation" = sitting back and not doing anything, just watching.....
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
http://newsbtc.com/2014/02/25/mt-gox-breaks-silence-makes-confusing-statement-homepage/

Reuters reports that Mt. Gox “should have an official announcement ready soon-ish,” according to Mark Karpeles, CEO at the exchange.

“We are currently at a turning point for the business. I can’t tell much more for now as this also involves other parties,” he said.

Gives more currency to speculation surrounding acquisition.
wow
the takeover news proly
Activity: 224
Merit: 104
Their statement means nothing.  I guess at this point, they don't care what happens because they closed all trades and withdrawals.  Sure, they're killing Bitcoin the longer they drag this out, but since when have they cared about Bitcoin?
Activity: 224
Professional anarchist
http://newsbtc.com/2014/02/25/mt-gox-breaks-silence-makes-confusing-statement-homepage/

Reuters reports that Mt. Gox “should have an official announcement ready soon-ish,” according to Mark Karpeles, CEO at the exchange.

“We are currently at a turning point for the business. I can’t tell much more for now as this also involves other parties,” he said.

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
shutdown is best option so far, and i just want to know how much they lost. i prefer the number is >$30million and smaller than $150million
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
We will be closely monitoring the situation and will react accordingly.

Best regards,
MtGox Team

Wtf does this even mean lol?

It means they are addressing problems in a reactive way, not proactive.

This is a BS statement.

Activity: 154
All of my company's CryptoCurrency Inc's Bitcoins are still in MtGox Sad
For a company with "crypto" in its name, you sure didn't value having access to the private key very highly.
Activity: 486
Merit: 500
MtGOx posted on hteir web:

Dear MtGox Customers,

In the event of recent news reports and the potential repercussions on MtGox's operations and the market, a decision was taken to close all transactions for the time being in order to protect the site and our users. We will be closely monitoring the situation and will react accordingly.

Best regards,
MtGox Team

Wtf does this even mean lol?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
And the message, overall, doesn't say anything other than what has already been said. Sad, really.
Dear MtGox Customers,

In the event of recent news reports and the potential repercussions on MtGox's operations and the market, a decision was taken to close all transactions for the time being in order to protect the site and our users. We will be closely monitoring the situation and will react accordingly.

Best regards,
MtGox Team
about time to post at least something....
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
Yes, but why couldn't they have put this up last night instead of a blank page. The PR incompetence knows no bounds.

Well it took a while until the thousand monkeys typed up something good enough.
Activity: 332
Merit: 253
Yes, but why couldn't they have put this up last night instead of a blank page. The PR incompetence knows no bounds.
MtGOx posted on hteir web:

Dear MtGox Customers,

Best regards,
MtGox Team

Update on the update

takeover?
Pages:
Jump to: