Pages:
Author

Topic: Next Country to accept bitcoins is legal tender? - page 3. (Read 406 times)

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

it could be paraguay indeed.
or the neighboring countries of el salvador. neighboring countries and the most part of latin american speaks the same language,  it will be easy for them to all adopt BTC.

no candidate in the part of Africa so far even when in this part of the world should cryptocurrency be also useful.
Activity: 868
Merit: 150
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I don't exactly know how they're going to benefit from making bitcoin a legal tender in their country but I don't think that Serbia is the likely one that's going to accept bitcoin as a legal currency.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
From what I know, it's just a rough date - and considering that Serbia still denies all the evil it has done in the wars against its neighbors, and still claims the territories of other countries in a project they now call the "Serbian world." (before Great Serbia), it would be insane to let them into the EU, especially with the problem of Kosovo and what they are trying to do in Montenegro.

I'm not that familiar with their politics vs the ex-Yugoslavian territories, but I expect it's not all nice and dandy.
And I also know that all it can take is new elections and new leadership for a change in the "official line", at least as declarations, and it may just be enough for EU.
Of course, I may be too optimistic (for EU, not for SRB), but I think that EU should become a new US and then a lot of problems would no longer exist.
Keep in mind that EU is not that strong politically and it's easy to make compromises, mistakes and moves that can help only on short-term (and on long term may be pretty much a mistake).

However, back to the topic, the date doesn't even matter that much, as long as that's - more or less - the direction (EU and probably EUR). And that makes Bitcoin quite unlikely in the equation.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 628
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
Well one thing is for sure, the next country definitely won't be China, unless, ofc, some magical bat hit the leaders and magically made them forget about their hate towards stuff they can't control, then there's close to zero chance that they'd accept Bitcoin after all the shenanigans they did. I'd reckon the closest countries that would next accept it would be those that have much lenient laws and whatnot with regards to crypto, after all, I hardly doubt it would be popular in a country where laws about Bitcoin (or crypto in general) were in a tight leash.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189
Next Country to accept bitcoins is legal tender will be   BLANK?   Serbia.

I guess that the next coutnry to accept Bitcoin as a legal tender will be a country from Latin America,Asia or Africa.
Agreed, while it may be hard to speculate which country will make crypto, and particularly, BTC legal tender next, countries from the underdeveloped regions will have more of a reason (and probably find it easier) to get this going.

Perhaps, it will be a matter of months to see how El Salvador will do as a test but I can see this legalisation extending over time. Not sure which country exactly will be next but it will be an interesting turn.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 5634
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
But Serbia ? where did OP get this News , is there a valid reason or proof.

Well, as far as I know, it's just a joke - or the OP is just thinking out loud since it's probably from that country. That country is still far from allowing such freedoms, and the only thing I have heard recently coming from that country is that one person was killed by a crypto miner (electric shock), and that one illegal mining farm was discovered.

Serbia is about to get into EU by 2025.

From what I know, it's just a rough date - and considering that Serbia still denies all the evil it has done in the wars against its neighbors, and still claims the territories of other countries in a project they now call the "Serbian world." (before Great Serbia), it would be insane to let them into the EU, especially with the problem of Kosovo and what they are trying to do in Montenegro.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

As far as I know they have passed crypto regulations late last year or early this year. So for now we can say that Serbia is a crypto friendly country. But as far as legalised it, we can't really say for certain.

And as what @davis196 said, most likely countries that are developing and under developed will legalised bitcoin and it could provide access and tap its potential as medium in terms of financials.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!

I've read that there are talks about Bitcoin becoming legal tender in countries from Central or South America, but Europe? Nope.
Serbia is about to get into EU by 2025. This may also mean that they'll look towards EURO more than Bitcoin, although EURO is still very far.
I don't think that Serbia is such a good candidate, at least not until at least one of the prominent EU countries makes such a move.
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1496

No one knows for sure! Because not every country is vocal about their plans on their own fiscal policy. So we might very well get a surprise when we know the name of the next country.

But there are couple of countries where bitcoin could receive a blanket ban in near future. Like India or Bangladesh could soon release an official statement about the bitcoin ban they are planning to impose. Clear difference between progressive and regressive mentality!
Activity: 2954
Merit: 906

I guess that the next coutnry to accept Bitcoin as a legal tender will be a country from Latin America,Asia or Africa.Underdeveloped countries would want to adopt a currency,that is more stable than their national currencies and a financial asset,that is widely adopted worldwide.
What makes you think that Serbia is the next country to adopt Bitcoin as legal tender?I know that many Serbians are active in the crypto world,the Serbian local forum in Bitcointalk is pretty active and lots of crypto businesses were launched by Serbians.
However,I think that Serbia won't accept BTC as a legal tender,because the Serbian national currency is stable enough and Serbia doesn't have the problem,which El Salvador has-lots of people not having access to banking services
Activity: 2366
Merit: 207
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
personally, I don't know. but there are talks regarding Paraguay as the "next" one to make bitcoin as a legal tender.
I also come across this news that Paraguay is considering legalizing bitcoin and also Honduras? not sure about the second but the first sounds legit.

But Serbia ? where did OP get this News , is there a valid reason or proof.

there are a lot of articles regarding the topic and people are making assumptions about it too. but at the end of the day no one really knows whether the "supposed next" country who will legalize bitcoin as a legal tender will ever do it.
It is still the people who lives in that specific country will decide.

Like what El Salvador did, when now Rallies and protest are happening because  they did not get the pulse of their people instead they had pushed the  law easily .
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1075
personally, I don't know. but there are talks regarding Paraguay as the "next" one to make bitcoin as a legal tender.

there are a lot of articles regarding the topic and people are making assumptions about it too. but at the end of the day no one really knows whether the "supposed next" country who will legalize bitcoin as a legal tender will ever do it.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: