Pages:
Author

Topic: Next LTC Difficulty Jump :-( - page 2. (Read 2852 times)

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
May 08, 2013, 01:29:08 PM
What are you guestimates for LTC diff? Can i assume that diff will increase by 30% each month? is that accurate?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
May 07, 2013, 11:32:38 PM
Looks like back to around 550-600+ (35%+ jump) and the price has been stuck in the mud around $3 this week.  Sad  Not that Im selling.

My 5000 kh/s is only going to be generating around $600 profit a month (~8 LTC/day), but Im a big believer in BTC/LTC long term so I will stick with it.

The good news is, when it jumps a lot of people may quit mining LTC and go for other alt coins, but still, this next jump is going to be brutal.

I guess it gives us a while to mine some cheap coins before they get listed on Gox, at which point the price - and difficulty - will just go insane.

If you have watched the diff curve as long as I have you will also take note of a couple of things

a) Never take the estimate value right after a change or < 5% measured  as it will always be massivlely high i.e your 650 + value

b) There is a wave as part of the cycle as to the accuracy of the estimated value i.e after about 12% measured its value is always 10-20% lower than actual result and at about 65% its about 10% too much over

c) Litcoinpool.org/stat is usually always closer to the real numbers (dont know why ) than reading the raw figures from allchains.info

Hope this helps to settle your nerves...also just get so much hash power that you dont stress about it tooooooo much Cheesy
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
May 07, 2013, 10:35:25 PM
Sure, the instantaneous difficulty estimate is high, but the hashing power was still lower for about 1/4 of the blocks mined this round, so it's only going to be 450 or so: http://allchains.info/
Activity: 546
May 07, 2013, 10:13:41 PM
what are you talking about ? coinotron says litecoin difficulty at 396.6 , this is down from 430 something
Activity: 1036
May 07, 2013, 06:36:04 PM
Looks like back to around 550-600+ (35%+ jump) and the price has been stuck in the mud around $3 this week.  Sad  Not that Im selling.

My 5000 kh/s is only going to be generating around $600 profit a month (~8 LTC/day), but Im a big believer in BTC/LTC long term so I will stick with it.

The good news is, when it jumps a lot of people may quit mining LTC and go for other alt coins, but still, this next jump is going to be brutal.

I guess it gives us a while to mine some cheap coins before they get listed on Gox, at which point the price - and difficulty - will just go insane.
Pages:
Jump to: