Pages:
Author

Topic: Next UASF in 1 August/2017. Bitcoin UP or DOWN? - page 2. (Read 1735 times)

legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1358
It will go down because of uncertainty for short time.
Then it will go up, maybe even higher than current price. Just wait and see.
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
Even if the hardfork fails. The Segwit part of Segwit2x will most likely get activated.

I very much doubt it. That requires 80% miner support, but BitMain has much more than 20%, and they'll never willingly cause SegWit to activate because it destroys asicboost. The current signalling percentages are a result of BitMain trying to get people to think as you do, in order to hurt BIP148's chances. (I think that BIP148 was doomed regardless, but it doesn't help when people are thinking that "segwit2x" will activate SegWit around the same time anyway.)

So the stalemate will continue

With high fees and slow confirmation times, which is good for altcoins, especially Litecoin with SW and LN already activated. The bottom line is that Bitcoin will likely continue to slowly bleed with its prices stagnating and people looking for alternatives elsewhere. In other words, instead of spectacular crash we will see the same boring faces sending curses as before. That would be kind of meh. Jihan will likely abandon his Jihancoin too, at least for the time being
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
Even if the hardfork fails. The Segwit part of Segwit2x will most likely get activated.

I very much doubt it. That requires 80% miner support, but BitMain has much more than 20%, and they'll never willingly cause SegWit to activate because it destroys asicboost. The current signalling percentages are a result of BitMain trying to get people to think as you do, in order to hurt BIP148's chances. (I think that BIP148 was doomed regardless, but it doesn't help when people are thinking that "segwit2x" will activate SegWit around the same time anyway.)
Activity: 443
Merit: 260
I think that BIP148 will most likely fail (ie. ~everyone will abandon it right away). And the "segwit2x" hardfork is 100x less likely to succeed than even that. So I see a continuation of the status quo for at least 6 months, probably 9-14 months.

So you have what Core wanted in the first place Wink
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
I think that BIP148 will most likely fail (ie. ~everyone will abandon it right away). And the "segwit2x" hardfork is 100x less likely to succeed than even that. So I see a continuation of the status quo for at least 6 months, probably 9-14 months.

The market might crash somewhat before Aug 1 ("OMG the sky is going to fall") or somewhat after Aug 1 ("OMG Bitcoin's technological advancement is seriously stalled"), but IMO it'll return to the longer-term trend after a while.

so there would be two balances of old and new bitcoin with the same value? Would there be some difference with their usage or since if there we re to be two balances, would that mean that the price will go down? I'm not quite sure about this whole split situation.
I don't have many informations about this event but should someone holding an amount inside an exchanges or an online wallet, transfers it to a cold storage? Or both storage are the same regarding the fork?

See my article here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/wiki/faq_handling_splits
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065
✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )
I don't have many informations about this event but should someone holding an amount inside an exchanges or an online wallet, transfers it to a cold storage? Or both storage are the same regarding the fork?

Thanks Theymos
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
If Bitcoin splits, then we will be left with equal amounts of both the coins. And I still believe that in the end, the combined market cap of these coins are going to be higher than the market cap of Bitcoin before the split.

so there would be two balances of old and new bitcoin with the same value? Would there be some difference with their usage or since if there we re to be two balances, would that mean that the price will go down? I'm not quite sure about this whole split situation.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
If Bitcoin splits, then we will be left with equal amounts of both the coins. And I still believe that in the end, the combined market cap of these coins are going to be higher than the market cap of Bitcoin before the split.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Hi Guys,

We are close to the UASF of 1 August 2017 that is the intention to create another fork of the Blockchain if UASF is actually activated, dividing the chain of Bitcoin in two.

Currently, one of these proposals, known as the User Activated Soft Fork (UASF) is scheduled to go live on 1 August, 2017. Another group of miners has stated their intention to create another fork of the Blockchain if UASF is indeed activated, splitting the Bitcoin chain into two.
When a Cryptocurrency forks, it results in duplication. Any transactions, and coins that were present prior to the fork are valid on all subsequent chains. It is in your best interest to control your coins in a manner that gives you the flexibility to transact on both chains. A well-known previous example of this is the Ethereum and Ethereum Classic.

Atenção pessoal! O que esta acontecendo no mercado é "especulação" então para não perder DINHEIRO não venda seus Bitcoins, isso mesmo não vendam seus Bitcoins, pois ira se arrepender depois, em breve, muito em breve o Bitcoin estará valendo 3~3,5K USD.

The value of Bitcoin is dropping very much at this point for the reason that many users are moving their online service reserves to local ewallets and offline storage media/paper, which is the right thing to do at this time.

What do you think is going to happen from the next few days? Leave your opinion and your own adopted to go through this turbulence.

Pages:
Jump to: