Pages:
Author

Topic: NFT for money laundering? - page 7. (Read 798 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622
October 08, 2021, 02:05:40 AM
I have speculated that NFT will be the next part of the cryptospace where much of the money laundering and tax evasion might occur. Why is this? This is because NFT is art and much of the art world is unregulated.

However, the lawmakers are beginning to crackdown on the art market. I reckon for the first time in the cryptospace, the government might be there ready, waiting in advance and backed with regulations hehehe.

Yep. People are speculating on NFTs, buying jpg images for thousends $ hoping to catch a next 1 mln $ nft not knowing that 99% of the most expensive NFTs are just fake trades to launder money making odds of success much lower than they think.

NFTs are so far the easiest way to launder money in crypto that I know. all you need to do is create an image and buy it using your scam money. Done. You have clean money from selling NFT now.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
October 08, 2021, 12:17:50 AM
I have speculated that NFT will be the next part of the cryptospace where much of the money laundering and tax evasion might occur. Why is this? This is because NFT is art and much of the art world is unregulated.

However, the lawmakers are beginning to crackdown on the art market. I reckon for the first time in the cryptospace, the government might be there ready, waiting in advance and backed with regulations hehehe.

This year, the treasury department is expected to complete a study on whether there is evidence of money laundering in the broader art market. The Senate banking committee will then use the findings to determine whether the same anti-money laundering provisions applied to antiquities dealers should apply to all art dealers.

According to one art law attorney, the outcome of that study is “a foregone conclusion: an alliance of government regulators, class-conscious legislators, and art market critics will seize upon the opportunity to convince the Biden cabinet to regulate the art business,” says Michael McCullough of the New York firm Pearlstein and McCullough.

Read in full https://news.artnet.com/art-world/what-will-stricter-us-oversight-of-the-antiquities-trade-look-like-1935081
Pages:
Jump to: