Pages:
Author

Topic: "NFTs are overrated, over valued and nothing but useless tech fetishism" - page 3. (Read 318 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 403
Can you explain to me like I am five, the benefit in this example you mentioned if historical art pieces are produced as an NFT?

The benefits I can tell you now are:
- Being able to reach more people without having the trouble of traveling, like online exhibits for a specific group of people that have purchased rights to be on that event in the metaverse. (Of course, nothing beats seeing the actual pieces in person but as the metaverse gets more common these type of events will happen a lot. Specially at times like these when vaccination is required most of the time for travelling, non vaccinated people can still enjoy art.)

- Helping museums make ends meet at the times of pandemics such as Covid which is still affecting us to this day.

- Helping millennials become well aware of historical arts making way for historical knowledge and appreciation to be preserved and passed on easier compared to traditional ways of displaying and promoting historical arts.

There may actually be more benefits than what I have mentioned so apologies if those are the things that I can currently think of at the moment. And of course, there are also disadvantages but as this space matures, I believe that most of these disadvantages will get taken care of gradually.
Activity: 49
Merit: 1
"* historical arts * - When historical arts like the starry night, Guernica etc., get approval from owners and museums to be produced as an NFT to reach many more people that appreciate its art and historical significance, it will be massive!"

Can you explain to me like I am five, the benefit in this example you mentioned if historical art pieces are produced as an NFT?
Activity: 882
Merit: 403
Is how people commonly take NFTs as.

And I'm like, really now?

Look, it is pretty obvious that as long as there is interest, there will be demand, and with demand, there will be traffic then money. This is what NFTs nowadays capitalize on. The hype of the "New Thing." Which are seen by close minded people as the title which is only the surface.
This is nothing too complicated but most still can't manage to see this.

What makes NFTs important and revolutionary is not just the art and the games that we see nowadays. There is so much more to NFTs than just that. While it is evident that crypto related games today are mostly ugly and are reliant on profits, it doesn't mean it'll stay like that forever. And the art? It won't be just the custom made apes and monkeys that aren't even that great to be appreciated as true art. How they skyrocket in prices is beyond me. But hey, each to his own, just as how anyone has their own fetishes. Just saying that if these type of arts are already being appreciated this much today, what more in the future?

The main point is that most people failed to take into consideration that the NFT industry is still in its infancy. Honestly, the way I see it, the huge potential of NFTs when it finally matures is unfathomable.

Things we should be excited about with the NFT industry in the coming years :

- Gaming : When games finally become truly fun and not only profitable. Which would rake in the multi billion dollar gaming industry outside the crypto space.

- Arts and multimedia :
* historical arts * - When historical arts like the starry night, Guernica etc., get approval from owners and museums to be produced as an NFT to reach many more people that appreciate its art and historical significance, it will be massive!

* Music and other media * - Just like how television and radio were over taken by smartphones and computers, multimedia NFTs will overtake the likes of Spotify, iTunes and other paid streaming services. Just a few days ago, I came across an article about the experience of a composer/musician in the world of NFTs and he has earned more than he has using these streaming apps. What's best is that artists like him doesn't have to surrender the rights to their works anymore. The guy is now making 85% of his living off NFTs. And he's just one of the many that are in the MultiMedia side of NFTs today plus there are more that are considering this alternative as well. In fact, here in my country a couple of celebrities/musicians/influencers have just coordinated with a developer and started a project where they create a platform that caters to artists and content creators that want to venture in the NFT space. Just imagine what'll happen if more celebrities decide to jump into these platforms in the coming years!

- Other utilities : Being used as tickets to concerts and more which already happened a few times already. Souvenirs from specific shops, memorabilia from iconic stars and athletes and so much more!

#Moral : Do not be easily satisfied with what you know. Do not close your doors to possibilities and be ready to throw some knowledge in order to make space for new and better ones.

- P.s. I may have missed some info but I think you guys pretty much understand the value of NFTs.

- PP.s. If you were interested with this topic, then come check this one as well : SocialFi Discussion Thread. I would really love to see your thoughts and would really appreciate them. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: