Pages:
Author

Topic: Nice looking new iPhone bitcoin client (bitpak) - page 2. (Read 5368 times)

Activity: 176
Merit: 100
when entering numbers, the keyboard layout should be numerical, for easier typing
I second this one.

each field needs to be bigger for easier reading and selecting
Same goes for this one.

less dependence on mtgox. there are other exchanges you know...
It didn't look very dependent on MtGox.  It is a fully featured wallet from what I can tell, but it does show the curent exchange rates on MtGox.

instead of a popup with "ok", replace "payment sent" with a popup that automatically closes (like the installous ones)
I disagree with this one.  What if you decided to set down your phone?

a button to paste address, or better yet, integration with ios, so you can select and send from anywhere (not sure if possible though)
As an iOS developer, I can assure you Apple would not allow integration as you might picture it.  It would be possible to do it through the use of a custom URL scheme, which I am sure the developers are familiar with.  Bassically, you would have to use links formated something similar to "bitpak://openaddress//", so it would be app-specific.

notification center alerts for received coins, instead of "ok" popups
Notifications are handled separately depending on whether or not the app is currently on-screen.  If it isn't, I'm sure it would apear as a push notification in notification center.

Those are just my thoughts.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431
Is it a full client, or just an api interface? It looks more like a mtgox client than anything else Undecided

in either case, here are a few suggestions  Cheesy
  • when entering numbers, the keyboard layout should be numerical, for easier typing
  • each field needs to be bigger for easier reading and selecting
  • less dependence on mtgox. there are other exchanges you know...
  • instead of a popup with "ok", replace "payment sent" with a popup that automatically closes (like the installous ones)
  • a button to paste address, or better yet, integration with ios, so you can select and send from anywhere (not sure if possible though)
  • notification center alerts for received coins, instead of "ok" popups
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Hi.

I'm Rob Sama, the guy behind BitPak and Ominous Megacorp. The 'Ominous' name is a bit of a joke, as the company is basically just me and some developers.  I hope the name isn't too much of a put off.

We just submitted to the app store yesterday. So it will take some time before they approve or I fight with apple over it. I felt it was important to have a native iPhone client, so I went ahead and designed the app and recruited some developers to build it. As built, the app certainly isn't perfect. It takes forever to download the blocks, though it's speedy once they're downloaded. We're workiing on using an online database instead of downloading blocks for version 2.

I'm surprised this was discovered so quickly. Hopefully people will appreciate what went into making this. In the meantime, please visit my other website, www.bitcoindecals.com and get yourself a bitcoin bumper sticker ;-)

Thanks,

-Rob

Best of luck on getting it approved. Apple and their walled garden has been pretty hard on the bitcoin crowd. A bitcoin client on the Apple app store would be huge.
donator
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Looks promising, but what makes this different than the other apps that have been denied?  Why don't you include a partially downloaded block chain in the app instead of having the users download the whole thing?  I don't think you have to download the whole block chain anyway, the multibit guys have a very fast way of handling it, something about headers and only looking for the keys you have, it's a bit over my head but might be worth looking into https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/multibit-43616

EDIT: I see, server handles block chain, like BitcoinSpinner - good thing I don't program, I'd screw everything up.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
liked the app and the vid music, can you improve the blocks downloading in the future if is really too slow ? i like that option before depending on a central server, thanks
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Hi.

I'm Rob Sama, the guy behind BitPak and Ominous Megacorp. The 'Ominous' name is a bit of a joke, as the company is basically just me and some developers.  I hope the name isn't too much of a put off.

We just submitted to the app store yesterday. So it will take some time before they approve or I fight with apple over it. I felt it was important to have a native iPhone client, so I went ahead and designed the app and recruited some developers to build it. As built, the app certainly isn't perfect. It takes forever to download the blocks, though it's speedy once they're downloaded. We're workiing on using an online database instead of downloading blocks for version 2.

I'm surprised this was discovered so quickly. Hopefully people will appreciate what went into making this. In the meantime, please visit my other website, www.bitcoindecals.com and get yourself a bitcoin bumper sticker ;-)

Thanks,

-Rob
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
http://www.bitpak.com/  shows a pretty nice video demo of a Bitcoin client that they say will be in the iOS app store soon.

If it gets in, will this be the first actual wallet for non-jailbroken iPhones?

Anyone heard anything about bitpak or know who is behind it? (1st I've seen of them)
Their site says: "BitPak is a project of Ominous Megacorp."  http://www.ominousmegacorp.com

hmm..  'interesting' marketing considering the trust issues that we've had in the bitcoin community in recent months.
I hope that despite the name they'll come out and be a bit more 'open' than just 'ominous' Wink

Pages:
Jump to: