Pages:
Author

Topic: NiceHash - 100% LHR Unlock - page 2. (Read 732 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 10
May 08, 2022, 03:11:59 AM
It's time to separate the LHR graphic cards from the FHR graphic cards, it's going to be sad news for those who have no extra motherboards at home, this sounds like using the 480,570, and 580 4GB graphic cards in single x16 PCIe slot to mine Ethereum using lolminer.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 382
Hurrah for Karamazov!
May 08, 2022, 01:59:46 AM
Wow, my non lhr 3080 will take a hit now
This will only expedite the doom of public gpu mining.

Pretty sure new driver update coming soon, but I don't think it's going to change anything.
Unless Nvidia decides to punish the users of this exploit. Which is very unlikely but still possible.
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059
May 07, 2022, 11:27:48 PM
sooooooooo no competition from other miners?

so all these LHR cards gonna mine on nicehack only? LHR miner fee and pool fee is up for grabs, so far it all goes to nicehack.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 182
Merit: 152
May 07, 2022, 06:50:54 PM
I'm happy because now my RTX 3060 12GB LHRv2 cards, plus my RTX 3080 Ti, will probably appreciate in price. The FHR prices on feeBay tend to be 20-30% more expensive than the LHR versions these days.

Will network hashrate increase? Here's a conservative estimate.

GPU share of hashrate: 80%
nVidia share of GPU hashrate: 50%
LHRv1/v2 share of nVidia hashrate: 50%
Hashrate boost for LHRv1/v2 cards: 25%
-----------------------------------------------------
When you multiply these factors, it is 5% at most. Not to mention the miners who will forget to upgrade. So the real growth in hashrate will probably be 3-4%.

The people who benefit from this hack are miners with LHR cards, while miners with FHR cards will see the value of their cards drop.
Activity: 306
Merit: 2
May 07, 2022, 06:14:52 PM
Has anyone tried Excavator standalone? I don't have a Windows rig with Ampere.

Some web sites are reporting the unlocker doesn't work on newer cards like the 3080 12GB
suggesting LHR is continuing to be developped. What a fucking waste of development resources.

Any guesses what comes first Eth goes POS or Nvidia abandons LHR?

I can verify that it doesn't work with 3080 12GB.

I've got a theory.  The nvidia hack was real.  The nvidia hack happened before the 3080 12GB data could be added to the data that was hacked.  Therefor, no 3080 12GB code to unlock.  Nicehash bought the data from the hackers (whatever the price might have been). 

And hence, Nicehack is born... they didn't really spend much resources in development.

that's my story and i'm sticking to it.

i'm trademarking NiceHack...  Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy

Sounds likely.
Activity: 75
Merit: 0
May 07, 2022, 06:12:41 PM
Actually this explanation makes perfect sense
Activity: 703
Merit: 272
May 07, 2022, 05:07:33 PM

Some web sites are reporting the unlocker doesn't work on newer cards like the 3080 12GB
suggesting LHR is continuing to be developped. What a fucking waste of development resources.

I can verify that it doesn't work with 3080 12GB.

I've got a theory.  The nvidia hack was real.  The nvidia hack happened before the 3080 12GB data could be added to the data that was hacked.  Therefor, no 3080 12GB code to unlock.  Nicehash bought the data from the hackers (whatever the price might have been). 

And hence, Nicehack is born... they didn't really spend much resources in development.

that's my story and i'm sticking to it.

i'm trademarking NiceHack...  Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 1397
Merit: 221
May 07, 2022, 05:00:20 PM

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26
May 07, 2022, 04:14:22 PM
Can someone help please, i have mixed rig with amd. As soon as i run exavator from nicehash my amd cards stops mining only nvidias running good LHR unlock but my AMD cards off. i couldnt find any option to run both.

you need to run 2 instances

one one check only nvidia

on the other check only amd
im running 2 instances. but as soon as i run excavator amd cards just stops mining very strange. if i shut down excavator amd cards back to mining. Looked an option couldnt find nothing to prevent that.
May 07, 2022, 04:06:39 PM
Can someone help please, i have mixed rig with amd. As soon as i run exavator from nicehash my amd cards stops mining only nvidias running good LHR unlock but my AMD cards off. i couldnt find any option to run both.

Not if he's running the nicehash/excavator unlocker.   The nicehash/excavator unlocker is shutting down all other instances of mining that's not nicehash/excavator... that's what i'm seeing at least.
Activity: 61
May 07, 2022, 03:05:38 PM

I might just wait till this unlock gets on hiveOS because its going to be hard to run a vega 57 with my 3070ti LHR on windows OS, I can't configure the vega gpu to get high hashrate in windows OS but easy for me in Hive OS lol.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
May 07, 2022, 02:55:58 PM
Did some initial tuning and this rig is performing well now:

"pool side":

I was at 525 MH/s before using T-Rex, so this is an impressive improvement of 140 MH/s.  Like getting a 3090 for free!

My 3080Tis are now more efficient than my 3090s, which are all doing around 122 MH/s @ 300 Watts.

and all 3090 cards drop 10% or more in value
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
May 07, 2022, 02:54:34 PM

Activity: 109
Merit: 20
May 07, 2022, 02:47:35 PM
I was about to make a post about this and I saw that someone made it already  Cheesy I've tested this and I was able to achieve 80MH on a 3070Ti, still I find it hard to believe that its working accurately, waiting for 24hrs to see how many SATs in BTC i will get, this is the only way I can believe it actually works.
Activity: 558
Merit: 194
May 07, 2022, 02:30:56 PM
Did some initial tuning and this rig is performing well now:

"pool side":

I was at 525 MH/s before using T-Rex, so this is an impressive improvement of 140 MH/s.  Like getting a 3090 for free!

My 3080Tis are now more efficient than my 3090s, which are all doing around 122 MH/s @ 300 Watts.
Activity: 476
Merit: 19
May 07, 2022, 02:07:32 PM
like when did Nicehash bought Excavator as their own miner?

You are too young...

Zawawa, Gateless miner, was asked to join excavator from NH to speed things up and got paid. It was march 2018..Still I dont like NH aniway...
Activity: 47
May 07, 2022, 01:59:04 PM
I thought excavator miner is a standalone miner that doesn't belong to Nicehash?.

There's something odd about that. They claim ownership of Excavator and that it's open source with no dev fee.
But I can't find the source code and there's also a disclaimer for data collection in the download. A free open source miner
doesn't collect data from users.

It also isn't clear if the anti-LHR mechanism is in Excavator or the Quickminer wrapper or if Excavator can be used to
mine in other pools or mine solo.

I think I'll pass.

I will probably pass for now too, there are still things that need some answers, like when did Nicehash bought Excavator as their own miner? If this unlock is from Excavator it should be available off Nicehash and if Nicehash implements the unlock into its Quickminer any third-party miner should work just like the excavator miner did.
May 07, 2022, 01:58:07 PM

nicehash/excavator is shutting down everything else .. purposely.

If you want to hash with both amd/nvidia, you need to do it with excavator.
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
May 07, 2022, 01:55:24 PM

Try nicehash discord or reddit for support.
Activity: 1196
Merit: 26
May 07, 2022, 01:53:13 PM
Pages:
Jump to: