Pages:
Author

Topic: NiceHash Benchmark mining wallet address - page 2. (Read 2225 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
January 27, 2017, 09:07:37 PM
NiceHash is using the CPU&GPU time of our benchmark testing with every new version with their own wallet, as one of their devs claimed, out of convenience, although a simple pop-up would have sufficed in case no BTC address is given, this is not changed if there is an address given by the user.

personally i wont benchmark until this is changed to at least warn the users, one pop-up to remind the user to enter an address or to simply ASK his permission to mine to your account would have sufficed at least to a point of proper legal conduct.

this is the address shown in the logs 34HKWdzLxWBduUfJE9JxaFhoXnfC6gmepg

https://www.nicehash.com/?p=miners&addr=34HKWdzLxWBduUfJE9JxaFhoXnfC6gmePG

as it is clearly making an income from all the users this is a second source of income for NiceHash, one which is not upfront with its user base.

this is the reply of one of the devs on github to a ticket on the matter, i found the reply rather lacking as a simple pop-up or if/while function would suffice and so claiming complexity and convenience looks more like an excuse.

S74nk0 commented 3 hours ago
@netswalker1 @Scorpers that is the DEMO user address. It is used for convenience, most new users don't have a BTC address and since some miners need a direct connection to do a benchmark this address is used because it is always known, no need for handling and prompting the users to first enter the address to do a benchmark it reduces unneeded complexity.
Closing issue...
Pages:
Jump to: