Pages:
Author

Topic: NICEHASH confirmed - hacked - Any legit alternatives? - page 2. (Read 5266 times)

Activity: 194
Merit: 100
Do you think it will restore services? From the viewpoint of the miners, it will probably be OK if at least they promise gradual refunds on profits, but much more there have the buyers left.

I think they are done for good, and I wouldn't be surprised to see another service start up and take their place.  Nicehash wasn't the most user friendly from the buying perspective.  About the only thing it had going for it was that it made it extremely easy for miners.  People seem to only be thinking about the miners who got fucked.  But I am guessing the big time hashrate buyers had quite a bit of bitcoin in their nicehash wallet for purchases.  Who knows what happened exactly but I am willing to bet whomever is responsible had inside access. No company would be that stupid to keep so many bitcoins in a hot wallet.

Exactly, much more had to be in the wallet of the buyer. And I would not be surprised if it launched a new competitive service next week.
Activity: 847
Merit: 383
Honestly might as will go back to nicehash when its back up.  One thing you can be sure of is their security will be beefed up hard.  It is really a decent service if you are lazy and or have asics.  I will probably go back when it's up just for ease.  There is no great alternative out there.  I prsonally point only my asics there and all of my miners I run some simple miner and some other stuff.
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
Very sad day indeed , I was one of those lazy miners , I was introduced to Nicehash back in June , I have not looked back since , thankfully I have cashed out every Friday....this Friday will be the first Friday I have not cashed out !!!!

I guess I have to get real or sell my kit !! thankfully not a bad time to be selling hardware due to the price of BTC going through the roof Smiley

Maybe jump back in when a real lazy style alternative shows up.

Nicehash is dead in the water , anyone hold their breath for it come back online anytime soon , is likely to run out of breath !!! but I shall holds out until Monday and see what happens!

I hope it won't come back online, and if it does, only a lazy retard would do mining there to get scammed once again Grin

When Bitcoin price surges, human nature shows itself, always the same excuse "oh dear, I've been somehow hacked", lies and more lies, but don't worry, Lambos are unworthy in hell.  Grin

Well ... I was getting more than $6/day per RX Vega 56 with NH when BTC was around 15K.  Now it seems I'll be lucky to get $4/day per card mining Monero with XMR-STAK (1800ish h/s per card).  I'm not sure why so many people are saying their profits have increased substantially due to a decrease in difficulty.  If that's the case, what am I missing?

Because everyone and their mother bought out all the VEGA's to mine along with you...  People smell profit and then devour quickly.

I said that people are saying their profits have increased due to the difficulty level decrease that having NH out of the picture has created.  That has nothing to do with what anyone is mining with.  The night before NH went down, I was hitting about 6.50/day per card with them.  When they went down, people started saying they were seeing record profits because NH was down, so difficulty had decreased with all of those NH users not mining.  I tried switching to XMR-STAK.  NH was paying more per card to mine Cryptonight than a mining pool with XMR-STAK mining Monero straight up.  All of that while difficulty is supposedly down?
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
Very sad day indeed , I was one of those lazy miners , I was introduced to Nicehash back in June , I have not looked back since , thankfully I have cashed out every Friday....this Friday will be the first Friday I have not cashed out !!!!

I guess I have to get real or sell my kit !! thankfully not a bad time to be selling hardware due to the price of BTC going through the roof Smiley

Nicehash is dead in the water , anyone hold their breath for it come back online anytime soon , is likely to run out of breath !!! but I shall holds out until Monday and see what happens!

I hope it won't come back online, and if it does, only a lazy retard would do mining there to get scammed once again Grin

When Bitcoin price surges, human nature shows itself, always the same excuse "oh dear, I've been somehow hacked", lies and more lies, but don't worry, Lambos are unworthy in hell.  Grin

Well ... I was getting more than $6/day per RX Vega 56 with NH when BTC was around 15K.  Now it seems I'll be lucky to get $4/day per card mining Monero with XMR-STAK (1800ish h/s per card).  I'm not sure why so many people are saying their profits have increased substantially due to a decrease in difficulty.  If that's the case, what am I missing?

Because everyone and their mother bought out all the VEGA's to mine along with you...  People smell profit and then devour quickly.
Merit: 24

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
Do you think it will restore services? From the viewpoint of the miners, it will probably be OK if at least they promise gradual refunds on profits, but much more there have the buyers left.

I think they are done for good, and I wouldn't be surprised to see another service start up and take their place.  Nicehash wasn't the most user friendly from the buying perspective.  About the only thing it had going for it was that it made it extremely easy for miners.  People seem to only be thinking about the miners who got fucked.  But I am guessing the big time hashrate buyers had quite a bit of bitcoin in their nicehash wallet for purchases.  Who knows what happened exactly but I am willing to bet whomever is responsible had inside access. No company would be that stupid to keep so many bitcoins in a hot wallet.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Soooo, nicehash succesfully hacked itself...

pretty much ... they whole taking forever to pay people always scared me away from them... but damn what a shit show
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
Keep the offtopic stuff in the other thread please. I came here for a new good alternative to nicehash but could just find alot of speculation about the hack Sad Is there no other service like nicehash?! Sad Sad
Activity: 630
Merit: 263
Being a miner; hopefully not. Lazy people shouldn't earn as much as they do with nicehash (which is still way too low compared to "manual" mining).

Call me what you want, but difficulty across the board has dropped significantly already and if a nicehash hack is what it takes to shake at least some of the plug and play miners who doesn't even have any idea of the coins they mine, as they only get paid in BTC, I'm all for it.

100% agree...i hope this nicehash and this lazy fucktard miners will never return
Are you a worker bee? Lol. Probably why you have negative trust rating? Like you rejoice in the misfortunes of others just because of envy. I'm sorry that it happened. I've seen a lot of tears over the theft of personal wallets a few hundred dollars. In the case of nicehash we are talking about millions. I see no reason for joy.
Being a miner; hopefully not. Lazy people shouldn't earn as much as they do with nicehash (which is still way too low compared to "manual" mining).

Call me what you want, but difficulty across the board has dropped significantly already and if a nicehash hack is what it takes to shake at least some of the plug and play miners who doesn't even have any idea of the coins they mine, as they only get paid in BTC, I'm all for it.

100% agree...i hope this nicehash and this lazy fucktard miners will never return

Why so rough? I know enough about mining, but I ended up at Nicehash. After some time, the daily currency monitoring is no longer fun. And having a BTC has always been a guarantee of currency appreciation.
Activity: 312
Merit: 104
IMHO no sense to kill working profitable business. They could get more profit just working or sell it.
They might have had about 64 million reasons/"senses"...
Activity: 847
Merit: 383
Not really, I hear the Devil digs Lambos...
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1116

Activity: 50

Activity: 384
Merit: 107
It is a shame for sure I hope people did not get rekt much because of the hack. I was thinking about trying to mine some coins through nicehash and other services. Fortunately I did not started. But the same could also happen with an exhange, crypto is still wild west
Activity: 17
Will be looking to nemosminer as well, thanks for the suggestion.
In the meantime, the plot (bad news?) thickens according to the post from earlier https://www.justcryptonews.com/291/breaking-nicehash-has-been-hacked-50mln-missing and Reddit :

According to a reddit user the owner of Nicehash company with a share capital of half a million euros is Bitorious (45%) based in Dornberk, its director is Marko Kobal, and 55% of the company is owned by H-Bit. The owner of H-Bit is Martin Škorjanc. An interesting fact is that Martin Škorjanc is the father of Matjaž Škorjanc, who was arrested by Slovenian police for an online cyber crime with the help of the US FBI in Maribor. According to BBC Matjaz Skorjanc was arrested in 2010 after a two-year investigation into malware that had hijacked about 12.7 million computers around the world.

Are things getting wild? Shocked Shocked

I think we can summon famous detective @Gleb Gamow if he wants to do something in his spare time.

Please do that Smiley Personaly i would like to take my earnings from nicehash sometime beofre BTC goes $20,000  Grin Grin
Activity: 714
Merit: 104
NICE have been hacked bad news i have there 0.0013btc and cant withdraw due to limitations. now i cant withdraw because nothing for withdrawing lol
I can recomend many legit alternatives but they all will be hacked in the future how nicehash, maby hacked even themself
IMHO no sense to kill working profitable business. They could get more profit just working or sell it.
Activity: 583
Merit: 106
Soooo, nicehash succesfully hacked itself...
Yeah, everything that's possible.

Indeed it a nice "idea". How do we know that actual hack is happened and not just another self-bankruptcy?
Pages:
Jump to: