Pages:
Author

Topic: NLC demands N794,000 minimum wage for workers in South West - page 2. (Read 219 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 179
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
After this request, am sure other factions of employees' body will come out to make their demands too.
It should have been lower considering this is a government that cares so much to put little funds in the citizens hands so as to keep them controlled.
The inflation needs more than such demands, am curious to hear the response from government though because I believe this minimum wage issue was brought up earlier but was brushed under the carpet as other news kept rolling in.
Activity: 364
Merit: 220
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Thanks for the information, although 794,000 sound unrealistic to ask as minimum wage, but di way wey naira don de turn to shitcurrency, I no go de too surprised if anybody de make any outrageous demands, because di rate wey commodities take de add money for di country de make naira de lose value everyday. I pray say e no go reach dat kind level wey minimum wage go hike like dat, odawise naira go de totally worthless and a bottle of soft drink go reach 5k. Anyway na offer dem make.

I no understand, I think say NLC national level minimum wage suppose be di same nationwide? Abi dem payments na on regional levels? Why Because if na on di state levels na di state governors, suppose make dat call.
Activity: 560
Merit: 161
The money is too much and don't think 8t is going to work. If dem make it to 200, 000.00 naira I'm very sure the federal government can afford it and the demand will work out for them. This our labour people dem no dey even try at all to help common Nigerians.  Them just dey look for their own pocket,  dem know say at the end of the day the government will call dem and settle dem with money. If Labour have the people at heart they would demand for an amount they know the government can afford.
Activity: 462
Merit: 304
What I was thinking before was that NLC was demanding for ₦200000 until I saw this today. Is ₦794000 not too much as the new mining wage?
Minimum wage.. 

It looks like they are demanding the impossible. If we are to look at the way the country's economy is and if nothing is to be done about it, then that amount doesn't look too much at all, as we might have to start leaving it this way.

The cost of living is really very expensive here in this country, and the mode of transportation is also expensive. Unless the price of goods is lowered a bit and regulated to a level that the middle man can afford, then the N794,000 is okay. 

Although their demand is not final, as this amount can also be seen as what they demand as the minimum wage, it can't be left at that level. If the government has to consider it, then they will have to start bargaining from that amount downward. At least they won't be able to settle for something less than N200,000 to N500,000, which if they do, is a little bit fair enough.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
I have just found out that on January 30, 2024, president Tinubu through the vice president Kashim Shettima inauguratimed a 37-member panel on the new minimum wage in the Council Chamber of the State House in Abuja. I have just noticed this just now.

The Nigeria Labour Congress is demanding for  ₦794000 as the new national minimum wage for workers in the South West geopolitical political zone.

https://punchng.com/breaking-nlc-demands-n794000-minimum-wage-for-workers-in-south-west/

What I was thinking before was that NLC was demanding for ₦200000 until I saw this today. Is ₦794000 not too much as the new mining wage?
Pages:
Jump to: