Pages:
Author

Topic: No Loss Gambling Sites - page 2. (Read 293 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
August 07, 2019, 05:46:39 AM
How does this become a zero loss? Do I get refunded for the tickets I bought for the pool after the 15-day period and the winner has been drawn?

I failed to write it in the inital post, and if I can edit it I will.

But what pretty much happens is that you buy tickets, if you lose --> You don't really lose, as you just lost 'winning' the interest accrued by the pool for the month. Your initial deposit is returned to you by a smart contract on the ETH network.

Thanks for the added information. I don't see myself participating in such "lending-lottery". It is basically a zero loss on capital but there's still an opportunity cost here.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1901
Shuffle.com
August 07, 2019, 05:34:54 AM
It's basically a lending pool and at the same time a lottery since the overall amount will be lent on a platform (compound finance) to gain interest. One possible risk to this is the platform not returning the DAI but I doubt they'll risk their reputation if they're bringing profit. I like the idea but it's not my type of lottery, 15 days is too long of a wait for me I prefer lotteries that lets you join any time of the week.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
August 07, 2019, 03:27:26 AM
And our bet amount will be returned to every player?
based on what i read . it says it will only be returned to one lucky winner . its like a raffle and the chance of winning will be high if you will be more tickets

If I understand this right its something kind of ponzi so we will be scammed at end.

did you witnessed simillar sites that becomed scammed and have this idea ?  they maybe different and i also dont think that its scammed because the mechanics is fair and some sites do  also have this idea  .

last. i dont think that this is a no loss gambling site because  you are spending something and not all can be the winner  .
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
August 07, 2019, 03:18:08 AM
How does this become a zero loss? Do I get refunded for the tickets I bought for the pool after the 15-day period and the winner has been drawn?

I failed to write it in the inital post, and if I can edit it I will.

But what pretty much happens is that you buy tickets, if you lose --> You don't really lose, as you just lost 'winning' the interest accrued by the pool for the month. Your initial deposit is returned to you by a smart contract on the ETH network.

There's some new sites in the space that run on smart contracts on ETH, such as no loss lotteries where peoples DAI (a decentralized stablecoin pegged to 1 USD) is pooled together and then lent out on compound finance.

At the end of the pool (usually 15 days) The interest that has been generated by the pool is paid out to one lucky winner. Your chance of winning increases as you buy more tickets to the pool.

Here's the link to the project in question, but I do want to know if this is something that people are interested in --> https://www.pooltogether.us/
And our bet amount will be returned to every player?

If I understand this right its something kind of ponzi so we will be scammed at end.

Only way this would be able to be a 'scam' would be if this was centralized or there was an ability for the code to be altered, while in motion, by a rogue developer or something along those lines. I doubt that could the case, as people can go and review the code right now -- and I think there MIGHT be some outside groups that have viewed it.

Something cool to try is all, rather then just losing tons of money on traditional gambling.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
August 07, 2019, 03:04:35 AM
I am just also curious how to become zero loss on that lottery platform. Upon looking at the site I saw this "All the money in the pool is lent on Compound.Finance to earn interest." So, it means the pool prize was lent by that company that makes them profit. This is great, I will try this once the pool was opened again. I hope they are legit company too.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
August 07, 2019, 02:26:19 AM
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
August 07, 2019, 02:16:38 AM
There's some new sites in the space that run on smart contracts on ETH, such as no loss lotteries where peoples DAI (a decentralized stablecoin pegged to 1 USD) is pooled together and then lent out on compound finance.

At the end of the pool (usually 15 days) The interest that has been generated by the pool is paid out to one lucky winner. Your chance of winning increases as you buy more tickets to the pool.

Here's the link to the project in question, but I do want to know if this is something that people are interested in --> https://www.pooltogether.us/

EDIT: After some good discussion with some, this has turned into sig spam. LOCKING.
Pages:
Jump to: