Pages:
Author

Topic: No one has gone broke taking profits, always take profits. - page 3. (Read 841 times)

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
Yes, he's right. after all, no one goes bankrupt from taking profits. However, people sometimes don't know when to stop. In fact, when they have made a profit, the feeling of wanting to hold back to get a bigger profit will always be there. This will be realized when prices start to fall. However, this method will work when we have a strategy in determining the minimum profit, so that when the profit we have approaches the minimum limit, we must immediately make a decision to make that decision.
Activity: 392
Merit: 12
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I started learning how to trade and my teacher just told me this advice that no one has gone broke taking profits when trading. I have always wanted to earn Bitcoin but I have been confused how to start then decided that I'll learn how to trade. I have been reading through the forum and I see lots of advice about holding and it's looking like if you sell you're not doing the correct thing. The first advice I have received is that I should always take profits. My teacher said the profits you take is better than all imagining profits you'll think that you can get in the future if you keep holding. He didn't say holding is bad but I got advice not to neglect the profits that I can take. I got this advice and I want to share it with everyone, always take profits.
Your teacher has always advised you to make profit it is right but no one can tell you the exact news that you will only get profit in trading. Suppose you trade a coin to get profit, how can you get profit if the price goes down. You have to try to understand the liquidity of the market which is more suitable for your own strategy for trading. Coins are at high risk for price volatility. Trade by knowing the right time to buy and sell.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 158
No, your teacher is wrong, don't listen to him.

Either he's just looking for someone who will do the same thing he did which he regrets until now or he just like to drill that kind of mindset in your brain. Holding for long term is much better than taking profits every single time you feel it's good to sell to get some profit, and I'm sure it is not that big. Don't waste the opportunity you got when you bought your Bitcoin in the lowest price just to apply your teacher's experience.

I get it because holding for the long term has its perks, especially if you got in at a low price. It's like riding the wave for big gains. But you know the market can be tricky. Taking profits occasionally is like playing it safe so you don't miss out if things take a turn. It's all about finding the sweet spot that matches your style and goals
Activity: 392
Merit: 122
I started learning how to trade and my teacher just told me this advice that no one has gone broke taking profits when trading. I have always wanted to earn Bitcoin but I have been confused how to start then decided that I'll learn how to trade. I have been reading through the forum and I see lots of advice about holding and it's looking like if you sell you're not doing the correct thing. The first advice I have received is that I should always take profits. My teacher said the profits you take is better than all imagining profits you'll think that you can get in the future if you keep holding. He didn't say holding is bad but I got advice not to neglect the profits that I can take. I got this advice and I want to share it with everyone, always take profits.

There are many differences between short term trading and holding. Short term trade means if you can buy from the market and sell within a short period of time and earn profit then it will be instant short term trade. And if you hold a coin for a long time like maybe for a few years that would be a holding. It is safest to hold and gain profit, if you can buy tokens at a low price it will definitely increase, and it is better to hold long term in trusted coins. Profit in any trade should not be neglected, this is the main goal.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
My teacher said the profits you take is better than all imagining profits you'll think that you can get in the future if you keep holding. He didn't say holding is bad but I got advice not to neglect the profits that I can take. I got this advice and I want to share it with everyone, always take profits.
Your teacher is teaching you based on his own experience, if you were under the tutelage of another person, they may still give you the advice to not take profit until the profit you set maybe also due to an experience that they may have had. No one has gone broke from taking profit, but you may never get rich if you keep taking profits too early. There has to be a balance with taking profits and then not taking profits, you don't have to take profits too late, and also not to take it too early. Taking profits need to be timed, at a moment when you consider that you've made enough profit from the market and it is safe and alright for you to exit.
When the teaching process is so individualized the students tend to become a reflection of their teachers, however this idea of trying to take profits no matter what is the wrong approach to the markets, as it seems to derive from a fear of losing the trade and as a result to lose some money.

And while it is fine to take measures to drop our losing rate as much as we can, at some point we need to also accept that losing a few trades is also part of our journey, and trying to play it safe will not only diminish our profits, but it could produce losses over the long term as we are not making enough money with each position that we open.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 690
When you do touch up trading then having that kind of mindset on which you are believing that you could really be able to make guaranteed winning trades on the time that you do engage out then it is really that a very wrong kind of assumption on things on which you are really that believing on something which cant be possible.Yes, trading is strategic based but doesnt mean that it would really be guaranteeing out those positive results
on the time that you do make trades. This is why it wont really be that a wise idea that you should instill out that kind of belief or idea on the time that you do get involved with trading.
We never talk specifically about the mindset of guaranteeing continuous winnings in trading and what we convey is how a professional trader can handle his trades even though he experienced losses in previous investments. The difference between a beginner trader and an experienced one is huge and a small thing like the one I mentioned above is a form of mental readiness when facing losses in trading.

Trading is strategy based, but it is not uncommon for the strategy we use to be wrong so that at certain times we have to take another approach. Confidence in trading must also be accompanied by how someone is able to carry out technical analysis and change strategies when conditions do not go according to the scheme.

Always secure profits on the time that you are making because you cant be able to know on the next trade on which the market would really be making out such
unpredictability and could give out those random swings on which those kind of analysis cant really be able to read up and not something
that could really be handled out as well.
What is certain is that profits from previous trades will be withdrawn or saved first and daily traders will continue to trade at all times. So it is appropriate for a trader to also have the ability to see the conditions for when to exit a trade or when to do it again.
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 2353
It depends of your Risk Reward Ratio, if you are using a high RRR while the market is rather flat or during a bear market it will be hard for you to take profits easily while respecting your RRR and its reward target. So it's not always possible to take profits whenever your want, the effectiveness of your profit-taking is intricately tied to your overall trading strategy actually and it's better to follow an adaptive approach that takes into account current market dynamics.
Activity: 462
Merit: 145
My teacher said the profits you take is better than all imagining profits you'll think that you can get in the future if you keep holding. He didn't say holding is bad but I got advice not to neglect the profits that I can take. I got this advice and I want to share it with everyone, always take profits.
Your teacher is teaching you based on his own experience, if you were under the tutelage of another person, they may still give you the advice to not take profit until the profit you set maybe also due to an experience that they may have had. No one has gone broke from taking profit, but you may never get rich if you keep taking profits too early. There has to be a balance with taking profits and then not taking profits, you don't have to take profits too late, and also not to take it too early. Taking profits need to be timed, at a moment when you consider that you've made enough profit from the market and it is safe and alright for you to exit.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
As long as there is potential profits, then you’re supposed to take it than be more greedy to long for a bigger profits. Not all the time that you’ll be in consistent profits, so never miss an opportunity by not taking it, regardless of its amount, profits are always good profits so take it whenever it’s possible.

However, it also depends on your trading plan and set goals. If you think that profits alone is enough, then take it. But if you see bigger potentials to increase them in the future, and you’re not facing bad financial condition at the current, so stick to your plan and continue working on it.
Activity: 2226
Merit: 347
It seems that OP is more interested in trading than investing, so it's natural that he is more focused on being a profit taker rather than waiting for bigger returns in the long term. Short-term trading basically cannot always provide profits for traders, so there are times when traders experience losses when market conditions reverse. OP is right in her mindset, but it certainly has risks involved.

Getting consistent profits is very difficult, but there are always ways to increase potential profits when trading. Whatever the strategy, a trader must also be good at analyzing and minimizing risk, and is even required to have a reserve budget to carry out DCA if he does not set an acceptable loss limit.
This means that he must actively study trading so that when he is involved in it he has a correct understanding of how to trade. Short-term trading cannot always guarantee profits because sometimes you experience losses, especially if the people involved in trading do not understand how to do it well. A person's mindset is definitely different, but what must be seen from that mindset is the extent to which a person is able to handle the risks that arise and minimize these risks as much as possible so as not to be involved in continuous losses.

Trading is much riskier than investing and even people who have experience in trading also experience losses, only they can handle the risk and try to take profits in the next trade. If he is able to do it then there is nothing wrong because actually trading can also be learned even though it does not guarantee full profits every time he is involved in it.
When you do touch up trading then having that kind of mindset on which you are believing that you could really be able to make guaranteed winning trades on the time that you do engage out then it is really that a very wrong kind of assumption on things on which you are really that believing on something which cant be possible.Yes, trading is strategic based but doesnt mean that it would really be guaranteeing out those positive results
on the time that you do make trades. This is why it wont really be that a wise idea that you should instill out that kind of belief or idea on the time that you do get involved with trading.

Always secure profits on the time that you are making because you cant be able to know on the next trade on which the market would really be making out such
unpredictability and could give out those random swings on which those kind of analysis cant really be able to read up and not something
that could really be handled out as well.
It seems that OP is more interested in trading than investing, so it's natural that he is more focused on being a profit taker rather than waiting for bigger returns in the long term. Short-term trading basically cannot always provide profits for traders, so there are times when traders experience losses when market conditions reverse. OP is right in her mindset, but it certainly has risks involved.

Getting consistent profits is very difficult, but there are always ways to increase potential profits when trading. Whatever the strategy, a trader must also be good at analyzing and minimizing risk, and is even required to have a reserve budget to carry out DCA if he does not set an acceptable loss limit.
This means that he must actively study trading so that when he is involved in it he has a correct understanding of how to trade. Short-term trading cannot always guarantee profits because sometimes you experience losses, especially if the people involved in trading do not understand how to do it well. A person's mindset is definitely different, but what must be seen from that mindset is the extent to which a person is able to handle the risks that arise and minimize these risks as much as possible so as not to be involved in continuous losses.

Trading is much riskier than investing and even people who have experience in trading also experience losses, only they can handle the risk and try to take profits in the next trade. If he is able to do it then there is nothing wrong because actually trading can also be learned even though it does not guarantee full profits every time he is involved in it.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Taking profits is a smart decision and should be done, but there are so many people who fail to do that, because they want more and they get greedy and they end up losing money on it. I am not saying that you should not be considering trying to make more money, but it really doesn't feel like a smart decision to just focus on what you could do, it just doesn't feel like you could make money from that. I get that you are going to have some trouble one way or another, but that is not really an acceptable situation neither.

I hope that we could get make some profit, like a decent size, where you take your initial money out, and just start trading with the profits, that way you will never really lose money at all and still can trade.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 2094
~~~
You must be able to differentiate between trading and investing because these two methods have significant differences. Trading is not easy to do and most beginners often experience losses when they first get to know trading. If you are not able to differentiate between the two then I am sure you will suffer losses when trading. Most beginners don't really understand how to trade and they don't learn the right way to engage in it. For me, if our skills are not good at trading, it would be better to invest because it will be much easier to run.

Holding is long term and usually people hold bitcoin for the long term because it has much better potential compared to other existing coins. Holding is clearly more profitable because you only wait for the price entry when you want to sell it and you also don't need to monitor the development of the coin in the market in conditions of rising or falling prices.

Activity: 1316
Merit: 268

But you should know that it is not enough to just listen to the advice given by others here, because you still need to prove to yourself whether the advice given to you here is correct or not. Because sometimes there are those who give advice that doesn't match what you really want to know about cryptocurrency.

So don't expect from the advice you are told right away; make sure first if what they are telling you is true or not. Even if you don't believe me right away, you should find out or do research first before you believe or handle it.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 371
So when your trading just starts making a profit of a few dollars, do you immediately stop trading and take profit? because if we follow that advice, it means whatever profit you get now, you have to take it and just ignore all imagining profits because it's not that important. If so, how can you get high profits from your trading? think again.
You should know that traders also have to think about all imagining profits, because thinking about it means traders can determine their trading strategy and how to achieve the maximum profit from their trades.
I have been reading through the forum and I see lots of advice about holding and it's looking like if you sell you're not doing the correct thing. The first advice I have received is that I should always take profits. My teacher said the profits you take is better than all imagining profits you'll think that you can get in the future if you keep holding. He didn't say holding is bad but I got advice not to neglect the profits that I can take. I got this advice and I want to share it with everyone, always take profits.
You must be able to differentiate between trading and investing because these two methods have significant differences. Trading is not easy to do and most beginners often experience losses when they first get to know trading. If you are not able to differentiate between the two then I am sure you will suffer losses when trading. Most beginners don't really understand how to trade and they don't learn the right way to engage in it. For me, if our skills are not good at trading, it would be better to invest because it will be much easier to run.

Holding is long term and usually people hold bitcoin for the long term because it has much better potential compared to other existing coins. Holding is clearly more profitable because you only wait for the price entry when you want to sell it and you also don't need to monitor the development of the coin in the market in conditions of rising or falling prices.
legendary
Merit: 1145
FOCUS
Follow what you think is right. You teacher is right that taking profit is better than unrealized one. I myself is giving advise to other to just hold bitcoin if I know they are a complete newbies but on your case that you are learning how to trade, moving funds on your trades is inevitable. Trader always takes profit, holder does but on a much longer time. Remember that there are much risks on trading that's why I advise on just holding their bitcoin if they are newbies. Follow your earned knowledge, take advise but consider it as an option.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127
I started learning how to trade and my teacher just told me this advice that no one has gone broke taking profits when trading. I have always wanted to earn Bitcoin but I have been confused how to start then decided that I'll learn how to trade. I have been reading through the forum and I see lots of advice about holding and it's looking like if you sell you're not doing the correct thing. The first advice I have r
eceived is that I should always take profits. My teacher said the profits you take is better than all imagining profits you'll think that you can get in the future if you keep holding. He didn't say holding is bad but I got advice not to neglect the profits that I can take. I got this advice and I want to share it with everyone, always take profits.
this is indeed true that no one will go break if take profit and exist. but only if you can exit everytime. the fact is it is not easy to take a profit every time. there will always come times when some trading positions will go wrong and end up becoming loses.
and sometimes you loose because you don't know when to exist. for example you place your sell order at 5% up but the price drop again after just 3% or 4%. I have seen people missing trading with very small margin.
I hope your teacher also told you to be prefarred for risks and loss too.
We do know that we cant really be able to make profits on day to day basis or simply being constant and thats the real life of a trader specially into those short term or day traders on which they are really that actively
dealing up with the market on where they could really make profits or money on closing up their positions in the end of the day. There are ones who are holders on which it wont really be that relevant if they would really be having this kind of investment strategy but for those who are active traders then it would really be always recommendable that taking profits should really be your main priority.
You should really be having that kind of control and having that kind of targets on the time that you would really be making those decisions.

No one would really becoming that broke if you do really just know on when to take profits and when to hold your position. It is really just that there are people who are really that
not that mindful about into their plans and just simply dealing up on whats in front of them on which i could say that it isnt really that recommendable.
Merit: 644
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
I started learning how to trade and my teacher just told me this advice that no one has gone broke taking profits when trading. I have always wanted to earn Bitcoin but I have been confused how to start then decided that I'll learn how to trade. I have been reading through the forum and I see lots of advice about holding and it's looking like if you sell you're not doing the correct thing. The first advice I have r
eceived is that I should always take profits. My teacher said the profits you take is better than all imagining profits you'll think that you can get in the future if you keep holding. He didn't say holding is bad but I got advice not to neglect the profits that I can take. I got this advice and I want to share it with everyone, always take profits.
this is indeed true that no one will go break if take profit and exist. but only if you can exit everytime. the fact is it is not easy to take a profit every time. there will always come times when some trading positions will go wrong and end up becoming loses.
and sometimes you loose because you don't know when to exist. for example you place your sell order at 5% up but the price drop again after just 3% or 4%. I have seen people missing trading with very small margin.
I hope your teacher also told you to be prefarred for risks and loss too.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 264

Taking advantage of opportunities to gain profits in trading is quite recommended, in other words, don't be too greedy to always get big profits.  That means your teacher advises you not to focus on one type of coin to always be able to make a profit in trading.  Trading on Bitcoin has certain moments to gain profits quickly and of course holding it for the long term will be much better
Pages:
Jump to: