Pages:
Author

Topic: No profit to be made even with 2TH machines? - page 2. (Read 3408 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
February 01, 2014, 08:21:17 AM
Of course the only way to make money is cloud hashing and pre orders

Sarcasm? lol.  Cheesy

Hard to tell .....
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
February 01, 2014, 07:32:32 AM

Sarcasm? lol.  Cheesy
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
February 01, 2014, 07:19:36 AM
If you are able to get Hardware for ~7$/GHS today it could be worth mining. With the average diff increase of the last months you could end up with a profit of 10%.
February 01, 2014, 05:44:20 AM

You can also lose money through cloud hashing and pre-orders Smiley
Activity: 50
February 01, 2014, 04:27:23 AM
OK so I've got a 25Ghash butterfly labs machine up and running minepeon on a raspberry Pi.  Entry level proof of concept for a newbie if you like. 

Looking around at online calculators it looks like there's no point at all in putting any further money into any of the mining gear available new, pre-order otherwise.  Short of meteoric rises in bitcoin value there doesn't appear to anyway of getting your money back.

Do I understand correctly that if people stop making money and just switch off their machines that the level of difficulty would drop to ensure transactions are still processed.

What's the story are people pre-ordering new gear and crossing their fingers?  Right now the exchange rate seems very stable.

Look forward to some informed replies or specultation.

Cheers

You are right. There is no point buying bitcoin mining hardware at the moment if you want ROI.

Yes, if people turned their machines off "en massse" the difficulty would drop but its never going to happen.

People are pre-ordering and crossing everything Smiley
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
OK so I've got a 25Ghash butterfly labs machine up and running minepeon on a raspberry Pi.  Entry level proof of concept for a newbie if you like.  

Looking around at online calculators it looks like there's no point at all in putting any further money into any of the mining gear available new, pre-order otherwise.  Short of meteoric rises in bitcoin value there doesn't appear to anyway of getting your money back.

Do I understand correctly that if people stop making money and just switch off their machines that the level of difficulty would drop to ensure transactions are still processed.

What's the story are people pre-ordering new gear and crossing their fingers?  Right now the exchange rate seems very stable.

Cheers

Have you been in the world of business?  This phase surely has people doing accounting tricks to lower their cost basis so it is still profitable.
Whether they are getting a wholesale deal on the miners, having fun with deductions on their taxes, rolling 0% credit lines year to year, scamming cheap electricity, using miners to wash their dirty money..   who the hell knows, but the avg joe paying retail is basically mining as a privilege not a profit

My story was that I used mostly 0% credit (for a year) last June to buy two Jupiters and then some expansion modules and now I just rolled about half
of those expenses into another 0% offer that is good for 18 months.

Wall Street showed everyone how great it is to play with costfree future money

Activity: 2
OK so I've got a 25Ghash butterfly labs machine up and running minepeon on a raspberry Pi.  Entry level proof of concept for a newbie if you like. 

Looking around at online calculators it looks like there's no point at all in putting any further money into any of the mining gear available new, pre-order otherwise.  Short of meteoric rises in bitcoin value there doesn't appear to anyway of getting your money back.

What's the story are people pre-ordering new gear and crossing their fingers?  Right now the exchange rate seems very stable.

Cheers
Pages:
Jump to: