Pages:
Author

Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS - page 96. (Read 1053097 times)

legendary
Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000
SaluS - (SLS)
with 250k noble in my wallet, it's been more than 10 days without any rewards... all still 4 days approx left before reward.
This is getting depressing...

I am staking away getting tons of rewards everyday  Grin

How much coin are you staking ?

Around 10mill

My expected time before reward is now 5 days.... arrrgh lol !

Is it working yet?

after 11 days of staking 250k nobles I got 2,48... nobles
Very depressing ....

You have  $4.70 worth of NOBL , how much were you expecting to get from staking that fortune??

Well it's 0,001% for 11 days, at this rate I'm going for a 0,0327% / year....
I though it was more around 8 % ?

try making your block size around 2M Noble, and report back in few hours when it stakes  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1364
with 250k noble in my wallet, it's been more than 10 days without any rewards... all still 4 days approx left before reward.

Around 10mill

Is it working yet?

Very depressing ....

You have  $4.70 worth of NOBL , how much were you expecting to get from staking that fortune??

Well it's 0,001% for 11 days, at this rate I'm going for a 0,0327% / year....
I though it was more around 8 % ?
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

Around 10mill

Is it working yet?

Very depressing ....

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

Around 10mill

Is it working yet?

Very depressing ....

Staking shouldn't make you xxx% new coins (most would probably just dump them which decreases the price). It gives you a reward for leaving the wallet open and securing the network.
Does you bank pay more %?
legendary

Around 10mill

Is it working yet?

Very depressing ....
Activity: 691
Merit: 500

Around 10mill

Is it working yet?
legendary

Around 10mill

Activity: 658

Around 10mill
legendary

legendary
Activity: 440
Merit: 251
For some reason I can't get the new wallet to sync.  I added several nodes to the .conf file, but it's still not connected to the network.

Please try the following:
1. backup wallet.dat (in fact you should always backup it before doing any changes etc)
2. remove data directory "C:\Users\username\Appdata\Roaming\NoblecoinPOS"
3. start client

You may need to wait few minutes as client will look for other peers via IRC. But it should connect and download whole blockchain.

Thank you, I did get it to work.  I left it open for a couple of hours and it came back fine.  :-)

Now I have a new question... the number of coins in my wallet is staying the same, but my network weight keeps going down.  Is there a reason for that?

Let me provide simplified explanation about network's and wallet's weights.

Wallet:
- Each wallet contains one of more transactions.
- Each transaction mints independently from other transactions.
- Each transaction has its own weight.
- Weight depends on both time and amount of money. In standard PoS it is defined as Weight = Time * Number_of_coins. We will use that equation in our example. (However in reality it is bit more complex as we use PoS II from Magi Coin. If you want to dig deeper please check docs at Magi Coin website).
- Weight starts at 0 just after transaction arrived or just after transaction minted.
- Weight is being increased until minting happens or until transaction's age is bigger than max age (30 days). If you open your wallet for staking on regular basis you do not need to worry about hitting the max age.

Network:
- In the world of PoS wallets are unable to calculate exact network weight. So what you see in wallet is just a guess. This guess can be really far away from truth hence it does not make sense to worry too much about it.
- Minting is based on transaction's weight and luck. And since luck is involved it is difficult to predict exactly when each transaction is going to mint.
- The only factors we have in control are how old each transaction is and how often and for how long wallet is kept open for minting.
- To improve first factor just keep money in your wallet, do not send it back and forth between wallet and exchange etc.
- To improve second factor just keep your wallet open when your computer is online. This is also very important from security point of view. As the more staking coins are online the more difficult it is to attack the network.

Speaking about whole network's weight there was one significant factor which happened recently. Basically there was lots of money stuck at Cryptsy which was not used for staking. I know people who had tens of millions of coins which they wanted to move into their personal wallets ASAP. And after Cryptsy migrated their wallet to PoS many users did exactly that - transferred money from Cryptsy into personal wallets. This increased network weight for sure.
I am still here just patiently waiting  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
For some reason I can't get the new wallet to sync.  I added several nodes to the .conf file, but it's still not connected to the network.

Please try the following:
1. backup wallet.dat (in fact you should always backup it before doing any changes etc)
2. remove data directory "C:\Users\username\Appdata\Roaming\NoblecoinPOS"
3. start client

You may need to wait few minutes as client will look for other peers via IRC. But it should connect and download whole blockchain.

Thank you, I did get it to work.  I left it open for a couple of hours and it came back fine.  :-)

Now I have a new question... the number of coins in my wallet is staying the same, but my network weight keeps going down.  Is there a reason for that?
Activity: 728
Activity: yes
Question: How do I get my coins out of stake so I can transfer them?

Just send em I think.

Either that or close your wallet, open it and wait 10 mins
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
Question: How do I get my coins out of stake so I can transfer them?
legendary
Activity: 1190
SoNiC BooM
Pages:
Jump to: