Pages:
Author

Topic: NOLACOIN.COM Is Back! 0.5,1, 3BTC Physical Coin LASER ENGRAVED - GLOBAL SHIPPING - page 3. (Read 10802 times)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100
I want to apologize to arashd for overreacting. I posted that he charged me sales tax when he shouldn't have and I accused him of being dishonest. It turns out that the sales tax was an accident and he refunded it immediately. I should have PMed him first with my objection instead of taking it public, and it would have been solved without any bad publicity.

No apologize necessary! I am sorry you were inconvenienced. Still not totally sure what happened, but something happened on the back end that changed my tax settings. In any event, its all fixed now!
I hope you enjoy your coins!
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3260
I want to apologize to arashd for overreacting. I posted that he charged me sales tax when he shouldn't have and I accused him of being dishonest. It turns out that the sales tax was an accident and he refunded it immediately. I should have PMed him first with my objection instead of taking it public, and it would have been solved without any bad publicity.
Activity: 147
Realbitcoin.info
Why are you charging sales tax to out-of-state customers? You don't pay the sales tax, so I must assume you are keeping it for yourself. That's scammy.

Totally an error!! You are the first order from California and I have no idea why the cart added sales tax. My previous customers can hopefully attest to the fact none of their orders were charged sales tax. I will refund you immediately.

No sales tax for me.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
wow these coins really are beautiful

i will definitely be looking to get one when i get some btc
Why are you charging sales tax to out-of-state customers? You don't pay the sales tax, so I must assume you are keeping it for yourself. That's scammy.

Totally an error!! You are the first order from California and I have no idea why the cart added sales tax. My previous customers can hopefully attest to the fact none of their orders were charged sales tax. I will refund you immediately.
Activity: 1002
Merit: 506

It's probably been half a year but I transferred a firearm to an FFL and the dealer needed a total amount so they could tax the buyer accordingly. Not sure if it was state or city law or if the dealer was just a dick but it may be law somewhere. I've had this requested only twice out of many thousands of transactions tho so IDK
Activity: 11
Good news. Excited to see the new coins!
Many of you have asked about the new lower denominations coins. As of now they are set to be a .05 and .25 coin. Going with a nice gold 24k plating for the .05 and dual ring for the .25 (rose gold, silver).
Anyone who buys/has already bought one of my existing coins (.50, 1, 3) will be eligible to get one of the newer coins for FREE at the face value of the coin with no premium. Ill keep this offer open until further notice. This is a reward for your early patronage.
Wow! Beautiful coins! So how did you get into this "hobby?" What kind of equipment would I need if I wanted to do something like this? Are there guides on how to create coins from scratch?

Not really any guides per se, but it involved designing a coin and finding a mint to product them to your standards. The jewel of my operation really is my laser that allows me lots of flexibility on what I engrave on the coin and also the security that only I am the one who sees what goes behind the hologram. Cheaper lasers that can mark metal with a residue can run between $5K-10K, but my laser is a fiber laser that actually cuts/engraves metal so it was closer to a $30,000 all said and done.
Activity: 133
Wow! Beautiful coins! So how did you get into this "hobby?" What kind of equipment would I need if I wanted to do something like this? Are there guides on how to create coins from scratch?
Correction on above, I have a .25 and .5 in the works. Gonna nix the .10, too crowded
Any updates on the bar?  Grin

Bar is coming, but need a few more months. It is hard to reconcile the demand for loaded coins and the demand for cold-storage only products. I am trying not to have to make a million different products because I am a small operation. For the time being other than the .25, .1, and .05 coins  (which will look similar to my current coins) I am working on a cold storage coins that will be totally customized for each customer. I am going to proceed with making the bar, however, just because I think they will look stunning and that is enough motivation for me Smiley I'm bound not to sell them all, but I enjoy the creative process so I'll keep at it.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005
PGP ID: 78B7B84D
Any updates on the bar?  Grin
I should make an even bigger coin Wink
Activity: 711
Merit: 532
These ship with fine plastic capsules, but there is a little extra space in them. If anyone is interested in a snugger fit, I can confirm that Air-Tite X43 capsules fit well, with only a tiny bit of extra space around the coin (in the pic it looks like a lot of space, but there's an inner ring actually holding the coin in place fairly closely):

Just to answer some more recurrent questions. This current line of coins I am not going offer to sell blanks or unfunded. I want to preserve the integrity of this line. Future coins are in the works for unfunded and customized funding denominations.
Thanks for the great comments. I am glad you like them

International Shipping is now LIVE on the website as well!
Activity: 711
Merit: 532

I received these yesterday, and they are beautiful. Really top-notch!

I opened one up to see how well it worked to scan the QR code off the metal:

There was a little residue at first, but some soap and water got it down to the mirror finish and I was able to easily swipe the key into my smartphone. This is a really slick design!

A couple more pictures here: http://object2212.com/?p=55

Thanks for making these!
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004
I'm sorry if this seems like a silly question but can I check how many BTC are stored on the coin when I receive it? Not that I don't trust the integrity of your process but I would just like to make sure. Also, is it possible to add BTC on to the coin?

Thanks!

You can just check the address on a site such as blockchain.info, it'll show the balance of the address.
Activity: 9
I'm sorry if this seems like a silly question but can I check how many BTC are stored on the coin when I receive it? Not that I don't trust the integrity of your process but I would just like to make sure. Also, is it possible to add BTC on to the coin?

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: