Pages:
Author

Topic: Non-bitcoin forums discussing bitcoin - page 2. (Read 1381 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
October 08, 2015, 01:31:33 PM
One of the biggest dutch tech websites (tweakers.net) used to have a dedicated forum for cryptocurrencies.

Unfortunately, after the 2013 hype, it started dying out and people there moved on and the forum part got removed.

They even published some articles on altcoin mining Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
October 08, 2015, 01:29:27 PM
Could Facebook groups be considered as a forum? :v We often discuss about bitcoins and the services appearing that cater the needs of customers when it come to bitcoins. Also, some local forums (such as Symbianize) are open to know more about bitcoin and are willing to read the bitcoin wiki just to learn more about this new tech. I'm happy that for a year that I've been promoting bitcoin in some of my friends and a wider audience, none of them expressed severe negativity about the matter (bitcoins) not unlike others in here.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010
In Satoshi I Trust
October 08, 2015, 01:24:55 PM
some years ago i started such topics and was banned because i talked about bitcoin...so we have an improvement here  Roll Eyes

Seriously? so they thought you were promoting a scam or something?

Ignorance makes people fear indeed.

exactly  Cheesy

i just wanted to talk about it. i never said "buy it" or something like this. most people thought it was a ponzi back then.

i posted it on 3-4 big german speaking tech forums. and even they (tech and gaming people) didnt have a clue. early days  Wink

and in my case was like that, I never say to anyone to buy or to mine it. I just explain the technology and the revolution of money.

yes, never tell people to buy it. talk about the pros of it, like changetip. was not possible before. cool stuff.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
October 08, 2015, 01:21:54 PM
Nice share I didn't know about these but from now onwards would participate there too.Bitcoin is standing at very good position comparing to last year so it is quite normal to see discussions about Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142
Ιntergalactic Conciliator
October 08, 2015, 01:21:41 PM
some years ago i started such topics and was banned because i talked about bitcoin...so we have an improvement here  Roll Eyes

exactly  Cheesy

i just wanted to talk about it. i never said "buy it" or something like this. most people thought it was a ponzi back then.

i posted it on 3-4 big german speaking tech forums. and even they (tech and gaming people) didnt have a clue. early days  Wink

and in my case was like that, I never say to anyone to buy or to mine it. I just explain the technology and the revolution of money.
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Bsupra C. Member
October 08, 2015, 01:20:23 PM
Mainstream is here..
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
October 08, 2015, 01:18:49 PM

exactly  Cheesy

i just wanted to talk about it. i never said "buy it" or something like this. most people thought it was a ponzi/scam back then.

Activity: 381
Merit: 250
October 08, 2015, 12:58:04 PM
As i always said, whatever they discuss ( i mean in favor or opposed to bitcoin ) will be good for us because they are spreading the word Tongue

haha you were like an scammer for them, yes? Wink
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005
October 08, 2015, 12:57:45 PM
This is very positive thing happening about Bitcoin to be discussed on various platforms.I also where ever see possibility write little bit about Bitcoin.We all are ambassadors of Bitcoin to take the word as far as we can on all platforms whether they are online or offline.I am glad to see this change what is taking place slowly but steadily.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
October 08, 2015, 12:50:45 PM
Great news. The general sentiment about Bitcoin is better and better every year. This is important. Well this and of course development.

We should concentrate on things like this, news like this much more than worrying about price. Price will follow normally in we do the things as we are supposed to, and people discussing us everywhere is definitely a good direction that we are headed to.
Activity: 770
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
October 08, 2015, 12:35:52 PM
some years ago i started such topics and was banned because i talked about bitcoin...so we have an improvement here  Roll Eyes

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142
Ιntergalactic Conciliator
October 08, 2015, 11:56:49 AM
I have begin topics for bitcoin in many technological forums in Greece. In the half of them i was banned Tongue and that happens in one year ago when the people was not well informed about bitcoin. Now i see less haters when i write about bitcoin.
Activity: 784
October 08, 2015, 11:46:01 AM
some years ago i started such topics and was banned because i talked about bitcoin...so we have an improvement here  Roll Eyes
Though price has dropped, things have changed a lot in last two years or so... No online forum can deny the presence of bitcoin anymore, because almost everywhere some people are using it, though they are still small in number. By the way, from which forum you were banned for discussing bitcoin ?
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
October 08, 2015, 11:39:31 AM
It is no wonder that bitcoin forum will discuss bitcoin. But, there are non-bitcoin forum discussing bitcoin. And there are huge amount of misconception being spread. I just thought of sharing a few such instances. May be you can add up more or go to the respective forum to help a new bitcoiner to understand bitcoin better.

1. http://forumpromotion.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=104237

At check out, I had to prion to pay by card, PayPal, or Bitcoin. I want to bitcoin.org, mad an account and set up my bank link, much like how PayPal does it. Then I transferred funding directly from my bank to Bitcoin.

I have no idea where this person took the wrong turn, but I dont think it makes sense to swam other boards and explain bitcoin to people that obviously do not care. If you have been on bitcoin.org and you still think bitcoin is something like paypal it means you did not bother reading the bare minimum of what the site has to offer.

The: use fiat buy bitcoin -> use bitcoin -> payment processor sells bitcoin -> sends fiat to merchant cycle makes no sense anyway.
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
October 08, 2015, 11:30:34 AM
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
October 08, 2015, 11:15:09 AM
It is no wonder that bitcoin forum will discuss bitcoin. But, there are non-bitcoin forum discussing bitcoin. And there are huge amount of misconception being spread. I just thought of sharing a few such instances. May be you can add up more or go to the respective forum to help a new bitcoiner to understand bitcoin better.

1. http://forumpromotion.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=104237

2. https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2266701

3. https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/what-is-bitcoins-it-is-alternative-of-paypal.2733077/
Pages:
Jump to: