Pages:
Author

Topic: Non-chemical dependencies - Gambling - page 2. (Read 267 times)

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1885
Metawin.com
March 30, 2018, 09:41:06 PM
gambling addiction, internet addiction, food addiction, shopping, sex, work, video games, etc.

Also, I would like to ask you how someone can be addicted to work?
People are usually trying to find any kind of get rich over night method to stop working, I have never heard that someone developed working addiction.
There are things that you can recognize when someones addicted to working same with other addictions like putting more time in to that certain addiction it's not healthy anymore and that could start affecting the person's lifestyle (mentioned in the OP).

Continuous performance of certain activities, despite the awareness of their negative consequences.
From the list, this is what characterizes me I know the risks about gambling yet I still do it. I'm not risking all of my money though just some spare funds that i'm capable of losing.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115
Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!
March 30, 2018, 03:36:15 PM
What do you wish to conclude by taking other discrepancies into consideration ? Whatever you mentioned is absolutely correct but in the wider sense,it is just not scientific but also psychological. The segregation of those chemicals not necessarily has to be similar for all the samples.For some it could an addiction or for others just adrenaline rush.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270
March 30, 2018, 03:26:03 PM
Increasing the frequency and intensity of engagement with a particular activity

Which characteristics are characterizing you?
This one.
So, I decreased my gambling activity to minimum and increased my sex activity.
And my addy looks much better.

gambling addiction, internet addiction, food addiction, shopping, sex, work, video games, etc.

Also, I would like to ask you how someone can be addicted to work?
People are usually trying to find any kind of get rich over night method to stop working, I have never heard that someone developed working addiction.
Activity: 121
Merit: 13
March 30, 2018, 10:11:32 AM
Dependence is a behavioral disorder that manifests itself through the inadequate satisfaction of human needs and can be created by any action that creates the desired effect, is constantly repeated and becomes a goal for itself. When performing the activity which is causing the addiction, serotonin and adrenaline secretion in the brain are increasing, which further leads to a change in mood and emotional state. If a particular activity is performed often, that leads to the increased tolerance, apropos the need of the organism to increase the intensity and duration of the activity, in order to achieve the desired effect.

Non-chemical addiction does not involve the input of a substance into the body and can occur in a variety of forms, such as

All dependencies have the following characteristics:
(I am mainly pointing toward the gambling addiction in this thread)

Execution of a specific activity that led to the dependence which has been created over a long period of time or longer than planned.

The existence of a constant desire and the need for a certain action to be performed.

One or more attempts to make certain behavior from which the addiction is created to be stopped, reduced or controlled.

Conducting more and more time in carrying out certain activities, planning or recovering from the consequences of the same.

Preoccupation with the action from which the addiction was created and the preparations for its execution.

Ignoring of the other obligations such as work, school, or family.

Isolation from family and friends, in order for the activity to be done without their knowledge about it.

Continuous performance of certain activities, despite the awareness of their negative consequences.

Increasing the frequency and intensity of engagement with a particular activity, in order to achieve the same effect.

The occurrence of abstinence syndrome (a set of unpleasant physical and psychological symptoms such as restlessness, irritation, insomnia, headache, loss of appetite) after cessation of activity from which addiction has been created.

My question is -
Which characteristics are characterizing you?

Pages:
Jump to: