Pages:
Author

Topic: Non-profit ICOs/IEOs - page 2. (Read 304 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 301
July 24, 2019, 11:16:31 AM
I would not support such idea. Why would a non-profit organization need cryptocurrencies anyway? I mean if it's for decentralizing their system, then maybe it can be done with blockchain but I don't the point of having a coin or token.
Activity: 980
Merit: 132
July 24, 2019, 11:15:41 AM
Until I see the project information, the development team I can’t say for sure whether I will invest in your project. And even if you provide all this, like many others, I will study your project very well before investing, as there are now many frauds. And to be sure that my funds will not disappear without a trace in the crypto world there are no guarantees.
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
July 24, 2019, 10:34:54 AM
Let's say hypothetically I were to make a non-profit ICO tomorrow. The idea is good, the money will be spent well and the team is solid, with plans to fund the creation of products and funding of external organisations in an altruistic sense. Revenues would come from membership of the organisation and selling of a few products, with all money reinvested or saved.

Would you be prepared to invest in a project like this as opposed to one that makes profit/is a company? And what role could the project's cryptocurrency play in such a situation? Should such a group be a DAO?

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

EDIT: By non profit I mean a Foundation type organisation.
Pages:
Jump to: