Pages:
Author

Topic: Nonstop Negativity - page 2. (Read 3398 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
March 17, 2014, 08:03:51 AM
A nice boost on the demand for BTC  Roll Eyes
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
March 17, 2014, 03:43:47 AM
IBTCM could do a lot for Bitcoin.

IBM? lol... maybe I lack imagination. But what are you suggesting?
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
March 17, 2014, 03:42:51 AM
It might take some time for the general public to forget about MtGox and other negative stories.
Im sure when more big companies start accepting BTC this attitude will change.

Some of my classmates (note I'm studying engineering and I'm in my second year, and I was allowed to choose my classmates this semester so they are not dumb by any means) said I made a huge mistake having invested so much money in bitcoin and tought I lost all my money because mtgox went bankrupt. I had to explain them that mtgox actually had little to do with bitcoin because most people who were serious about bitcoin avoided mtgox like the plague anyway.

Cool story. Then what happened ? Grin

This will have to be continued after we break the old ATH.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
March 17, 2014, 02:33:50 AM
Any news is good news for BTC at the moment. News bring about awareness. The more aware people are to bitcoin, the more likely they will experiment with it, the more valuable bitcoin will be.

As to the negativity of the news, don't worry. Bitcoin is an innovative technological advancement which in most likelihood will succeed due to its many advantages over the current financial system. Short of a technical catastrophe, it is very hard for anyone to stop it.

The bottomline is that once people try it, they will understand why it is better, hence adopt it, hence increasing BTC value.
News bring about curiosity in people, thus increasing likelihood they will try it.
No news means people do not even have the chance to read about bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
March 17, 2014, 02:17:39 AM
Thefts help prove real value...
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
March 17, 2014, 02:11:49 AM
Most people I talk to about bitcoin have still never even heard of it. I'm not at all concerned about negative press at this point. I'm just glad bitcoin is getting some press.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
March 17, 2014, 02:08:19 AM
It's hard to get people on board with so many scumbags in bitcoin.
Remote, anonymous, irreversible transactions are a scumbag magnet.  Over half the Bitcoin exchanges have gone bust. And that was before Mt. Gox. The "online wallets" were even worse.

Bitcoin also seems to be a sucker magnet. Look at the topics on this board. "High Yield Investment Programs". "Lending" at 200%/year. If there were real financial opportunities that good, they wouldn't be advertised on here.

Bitcoin - connecting scammers and suckers since 2009.

Fuckin nailed it! Everyone says the same thing here except you, Nagle, and a very few others. "Fiat is used to buy drugs too, people get fiat stolen too, people get screwed more with fiat investments." bla bla bla
Yeah, well fiat can buy food, rent an apartment, pay all your bills and pay for your dry cleaning. The nonstop negativity is because theirs a lot to be negative about. Bitcoin is getting about the same press coverage as 2008 economic collapse because Bitcoin currently deserves it. That might change if Bitcoin can go a week without a bunch of thefts happening.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
March 17, 2014, 01:51:07 AM
Wasn't there a saying like bad news sells? In other words people won't pay to read about a basket full of puppies Wink

I agree and think it's more of an effort to focus on positive stories.

So much WOW

I might pay to read about a basket full of puppies.   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 905
Merit: 1000
March 17, 2014, 12:53:06 AM
600$ is the nonstop negativity price

Impressive

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
March 16, 2014, 11:39:40 PM
The smart people will do their own due diligence and go just beyond the words of a single story, right now it's more about getting the word out regardless of how that is construed.
QFT!!! The longer Bitcoin stays under 10,000 usd, the longer we get insanely under-valued BTC. This is good for us, just keep buying.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
March 16, 2014, 11:03:44 PM

HA!  That's funny.  Too bad the FUDers will probably use it.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
March 16, 2014, 11:01:50 PM
Remote, anonymous, irreversible transactions are a scumbag magnet.  Over half the Bitcoin exchanges have gone bust. And that was before Mt. Gox. The "online wallets" were even worse.

Bitcoin also seems to be a sucker magnet. Look at the topics on this board. "High Yield Investment Programs". "Lending" at 200%/year. If there were real financial opportunities that good, they wouldn't be advertised on here.

legendary
March 16, 2014, 09:41:51 PM
IBTCM could do a lot for Bitcoin.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Inspired
March 16, 2014, 09:32:09 PM
If dipshits IN bitcoin would stop doing stupid shit, we could convince regular people that bitcoin isn't just a bunch of stupid people. 
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
March 16, 2014, 09:28:11 PM
Bears are out of thier caves , they will go back in and cry soon enough.

It's fine we will have bulls coming in for a while yet then the bears lagging behind
Activity: 868
Merit: 1001
https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service
March 16, 2014, 09:15:55 PM
Bears are out of thier caves , they will go back in and cry soon enough.

It's going to take a while for the Mt. Gox bankruptcy to blow-over, but BTC seems to be holding up quite well despite of all the bad press.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
March 16, 2014, 08:44:08 PM
It might take some time for the general public to forget about MtGox and other negative stories.

Some of my classmates (note I'm studying engineering and I'm in my second year, and I was allowed to choose my classmates this semester so they are not dumb by any means) said I made a huge mistake having invested so much money in bitcoin and tought I lost all my money because mtgox went bankrupt. I had to explain them that mtgox actually had little to do with bitcoin because most people who were serious about bitcoin avoided mtgox like the plague anyway.

Cool story. Then what happened ? Grin
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
March 16, 2014, 08:36:45 PM

legendary
March 16, 2014, 07:28:20 PM
$702 BTC/CAD@Bitstamp looks like any news is good news.
Pages:
Jump to: