Pages:
Author

Topic: Northeast Asian messenger apps doing blockchain business - page 2. (Read 374 times)

Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
This is the new trend.Instant messaging/social media apps combined with wallets and payment gateways.
Facebook is coming a bit late to the party,but they will change everything and dominate the market.
I'm not sure about adopting blockchain technology.Most of the apps will choose to create their own centralized tokens,because it will be cheaper and faster to implement.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
I do not think the third ones are as famous as the second ones. I mean linkchain is good and all and has some users but I am afraid its not as big as line right now, of course its an development and maybe with time it will happen or even if it doesn't happen at the very least it got some market share from them but to say its bigger right now would be a lie.

China on top of all this is also a very anti-crypto country, I mean we already saw that places like Korea that are friendly to crypto hasn't managed to create a better chat app but China is very against it and also has a strict authoritarian government so if you make a crypto chat that can't be checked by them, they will ban it with the speed of light, they need to watch what others talk and stop them before it starts.
Activity: 980
Merit: 62
Personally, I use Kakao and I am happy that they do blockchain business and they see the potential of that industry.
I wish that Telegram would do the same and consider the benefits of integrating blockchains in their apps. As Telegram is the most used chat for cryptocurrency activities they have a huge potential for penetrating and conquer the market.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
You forgetting about Wechat's Wepay payment system which is already popular in China and is accepted even by street vendors. As early as August 2018 their have been rumors that Wechat itself is interested in integrating blockchain tech to their payment system for them to have a more reliable and fast transactions for their customers. The thing I see here is China might be like Korea where their smartphone companies will integrate a crypto wallet also within their phones, so we could have the possibility of various companied teaming up for a new and improved payment system.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
country/Messenger/Blockchain Business

Japan  >    Line    > Linkchain

Korea  >   Kakao  > Klaytn(operated by Ground X)

China  >  WeChat >  Huh? Huh Huh
Pages:
Jump to: