Pages:
Author

Topic: Not all hacked on exchanges are real - page 2. (Read 427 times)

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251
Hexhash.xyz
May 06, 2022, 11:24:54 AM
If they are not really have been hacked, then it would be a planned exit scam.
But the chance for exchange to getting hacked is possible if their security have some flaws.
The best thing we can do is never put our money with huge amount in the exchange, better store it in our own wallet.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 259
May 06, 2022, 12:31:31 AM
They will help if the funds was sent to their receiving addresses. That is, if the the exchange claiming it can show proof about the transaction.
If not, then they do not have any responsibility to help them. In the first place every exchange should have better security and better team to be able to fix this type of concerns.
But you are right, not all are hacked by a hacker but some cases are inside jobs.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 509
May 05, 2022, 11:36:04 PM
very many people also do not believe in exchange hacks to be 100% real as many are self induced or self created. despite that i also think its not always right, i dont have a proof but am convinced that not all are real.
When we don't have accurate evidence, then it's also not appropriate to accuse him properly even though it has been strongly believed by each person's heart for various reasons. So we can only see and read through the news that is presented without actually knowing how.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
May 05, 2022, 11:01:51 PM
The perfect theft in crypto is claiming that a project or an exchange is hacked when its all an inside job, the reason why I think about this is I have never heard about other top exchanges helping a exchange that just got hacked to track their funds and get some back at least but if it's a sole hacker from outside they will track him or them down, why is that?.
It can be true, the creator of exchange is waiting for the perfect time to exit scam and as you said it is not possible to find whether its an insider job or not but even if the exchange is not tracking still some of the address are known to the public which can be used to track and where all those funds went and laundered into money.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 212
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
May 05, 2022, 07:09:20 PM
The perfect theft in crypto is claiming that a project or an exchange is hacked when its all an inside job, the reason why I think about this is I have never heard about other top exchanges helping a exchange that just got hacked to track their funds and get some back at least but if it's a sole hacker from outside they will track him or them down, why is that?.
when it real, between crypto exchanges must collaborate to track assets from exchanges hacked, so thief should has serious problem when they sold assets into another exchanges.so far alot big question about hacking case in exchanges, assets stolen never tracked and few of them caught up by police. as solid crypto ecosystem, each exchanges must support each other to track assets so will give protection to user itself.
Activity: 419
Merit: 252
May 05, 2022, 06:42:44 PM
very many people also do not believe in exchange hacks to be 100% real as many are self induced or self created. despite that i also think its not always right, i dont have a proof but am convinced that not all are real.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
May 05, 2022, 05:40:25 PM
There are instances where there was an inside job and there are instances when exchanges helped in returning the hacked funds, so it is not like none of the exchanges will help in returning the funds but there are hacks which were dubious to begin with and the funds tends to be mixed using a mixer before loosing the trail and in those instances it is really difficult to track.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1338
May 05, 2022, 05:07:30 PM
Actually I also have a strong suspicion about it, a program that was created must have been equipped with high security layers. Especially when it comes to user property rights, such as brand assets on the platform, of course the security of the platform is made as perfect as possible. While there must have been a loophole, it would have taken at least years to get to it and it wasn't easy, unless it was an insider's negligence that led them to lose their exchange assets through their own fault.
I would guess that a bad security is not out of question neither. I get that everyone thinks "if you are guarding millions of dollars then you would have a good security" but you have to remember it is not their money and they do not care about security as much as you think they do, they say they do but in reality, they don't.

There was a company in my nation that said they care about security to an insane level, like they spend 70% of all their profits to constantly increase their security and we are talking about tens of millions of dollars when we say 70% of their profits, so what kind of security would you imagine if you spent tens of millions of dollars on it? Great one right? Well, they got hacked and they are now gone, so it means they lied to us or they were screwed as well. So do not imagine it to be as truthful about it as they might be.
In the particular case that you are bringing it is obvious they were lying, no company is going to spend 70% of their budget on securing the funds of their customers as that would be highly inefficient, and the fact they got hacked shows this was not the case and this was nothing more but a way to try to sell the image they were extremely conscious about the security of their clients only to fail at the end, something that is also quite common in this market.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 100
COMBONetwork
May 05, 2022, 04:25:06 PM
this is a very interesting conspiracy theory, indeed, it's possible that a news about exchange hacking could have been made by their own team,
I don't know what that strategy is, is it possible to make a Bitcoin Dump price or what?, I really want to know the truth, but there's another part,
because if their own team made up fake news about hacking, then it could be their own boomerang
Activity: 1176
Merit: 100
Vave.com
May 05, 2022, 11:38:44 AM
as work of investors with the uses  of possession of models on occupation there might be presents of returns with the modification on excessive reference as investors attains within the terms of modification on customs of cross cutting and reinforcing option between or among parties with the forum.

while market gives with release of anchoring of message with the hard level of efficiencies as complex dedication with chance on investors to appeals on manage as preparing decision while being within the field of business on crypto finance.

Activity: 3122
Merit: 672
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
May 05, 2022, 11:19:44 AM
Actually I also have a strong suspicion about it, a program that was created must have been equipped with high security layers. Especially when it comes to user property rights, such as brand assets on the platform, of course the security of the platform is made as perfect as possible. While there must have been a loophole, it would have taken at least years to get to it and it wasn't easy, unless it was an insider's negligence that led them to lose their exchange assets through their own fault.
I would guess that a bad security is not out of question neither. I get that everyone thinks "if you are guarding millions of dollars then you would have a good security" but you have to remember it is not their money and they do not care about security as much as you think they do, they say they do but in reality, they don't.

There was a company in my nation that said they care about security to an insane level, like they spend 70% of all their profits to constantly increase their security and we are talking about tens of millions of dollars when we say 70% of their profits, so what kind of security would you imagine if you spent tens of millions of dollars on it? Great one right? Well, they got hacked and they are now gone, so it means they lied to us or they were screwed as well. So do not imagine it to be as truthful about it as they might be.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
May 05, 2022, 08:04:13 AM
One example of how this inside job scheme happens,
https://dailyhodl.com/2019/04/01/inside-job-19-million-bithumb-hack-exposes-major-problem-with-cryptocurrency-exchanges/
But never did I think this involve the owner itself, it was their staff, who does the work and secretly do the transfer.

In some cases, this becomes a dirty tactic that mostly happens to scam sites, they pretend to be hacked and announced it publicly but the truth is that...it was an exit scam. Many exchanges have been doing this thing and a reason that we have to use reputable exchanges.

Activity: 602
Merit: 102
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
May 05, 2022, 05:34:49 AM
actually no one really knows who is the mastermind behind the hack, but from the conclusions I read from the opinions here, the exchange party will definitely seek the truth if it is an insider / outsider who did it
and hacking is often used as an excuse for the exchange when the token value goes up 100% and even more so that there is an improvement
Even if it is true that this is done by hackers in carrying out hackers, it may be very difficult to reveal who is behind all of this, unlike if this is done by insiders, it must be very easy to find the perpetrators who carried out hackers, because after all access to enter the system is very dependent on the command. given, a hacker doesn't easily hack if not given access as a notification, there are definitely controls that can be turned off if this happens by an outsider
It's difficult but it's possible. Many crypto hackers on the past have been busted out by the authorities. Once some of the members gets caught, authorities can do something like scaring them to tell if who is their mastermind and who are their other members. If it's an inside job then that is much more harder to solve the case because no one will tell the truth as all of the personnel agreed with that before. They shared the money equally, that's why no one will betray the other.

Hackers are smart dudes and they can bypass any system as long as they are dedicated enough and it won't matter to them even if the security is strong or if they can't get any help from the inside.
What I know is that how to do hacking has different levels, but almost all victims who are hacked, both corporate and personal, always have a notification that becomes an alarm, this is impossible for a company not to make a security system that does not give an order to stop, meaning the control center always guarded with a strict security system, I believe this is done by insiders, of course hackers have very intelligent abilities, because they enter the system, there is no way this can be done by ordinary people
Activity: 2366
Merit: 504
May 05, 2022, 03:59:42 AM
I don't believe if the privatekey from the hot wallet can be stolen easily. It doesn't make sense if there was a big movement and the developers didn't even aware about that. the same thing that happened with axie infinity even the team was know about the wallet already hacked a week after it has happened. that sounds like the dev itself didn't even care about the money from the investors that stored in the hot wallet. This can be a manipulation from the developers.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 279
May 05, 2022, 02:47:27 AM
Without any real evidence we cannot say that there are traitors in a project, why is it difficult to track down hackers of course they have planned well when committing crimes, in fact they have tracked the hackers but the transaction address used is indeed very special so it is very difficult to track their whereabouts, but there are some projects that are betrayed by insiders.
Activity: 239
Merit: 79
May 05, 2022, 01:33:28 AM
This claim hasn't been proved before but that doesn't mean its wrong, humans are the most dubious I've ever seen, betrayal and deceit are very common among us, this is why I don't trust Dex platforms as well and their own part is when more safer if they do anything wrong because no one will question them.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 259
May 04, 2022, 11:42:30 PM
I also think so, most of it has been done by insiders to get big investors money. as if they were hacked because there was no external audit they made themselves victims while what actually happened did not match reality.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 10
May 04, 2022, 07:40:40 PM
there are a lot of unexpected incidents against assets, such as hacking of other people's assets, let alone the crypto world, in the banking world there are also hackers, but most of them are not done by outsiders, so the vulnerability to loss of assets, must investigate insiders first, because it straightens out hackers outside makes trouble.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
May 04, 2022, 06:31:02 PM
The perfect theft in crypto is claiming that a project or an exchange is hacked when its all an inside job,

I agree, but the problem lies in how to prove that it is an inside job.  We can spread rumors about it but can be easily debunked if valid proof isn't presented.  It will only look like witch-hunt stuff.

the reason why I think about this is I have never heard about other top exchanges helping a exchange that just got hacked to track their funds and get some back at least but if it's a sole hacker from outside they will track him or them down, why is that?.

It is not the responsibility of other crypto exchanges to help their competitors.  They can cooperate in blocking cash-out transactions if the hacked crypto was moved to their exchanges and I think that is enough to consider as giving a hand.
Activity: 2422
Merit: 357
May 04, 2022, 05:54:39 PM
Inside jobs are real, and yes not all hacking incidents are real most of the time its a staged performance so they can get the money or have a good exit here in the market.

This is why we should not put big money on exchanges, we should be more careful dealing with them. I remember a news about the Official of an Korean exchange getting involve into this kind of scheme, its really possible to happen. I hope regulations can prevent those people from doing this well at least for the CEX.
Pages:
Jump to: