Pages:
Author

Topic: Not Another Merit Question. Please Hear Me Out - page 3. (Read 431 times)

Activity: 1155
Merit: 77
In this forum, it is almost considered taboo for newcomers to discuss merits.
It's not considered as taboo and the reason why it is not advisable for newbies to make discussion about merit is because it will be see by merit source as someone who is hungry to merit and the same maybe added to the ignore list of the merit source.
To safe from the trouble it is good for newbie not to discuss about merit.
copper member
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1481
Bitcoin Bottom was at $15.4k
I do not recommend to create threads and ask when I will reach certain amount of merit(s). Instead, create good posts which lead you to earn more merits. Reaching 5000 merits is a good target however not an easy to achieve, you need to work hard and share seriously great stuff on the forum to get to that target and it might take 2-3 years if you post regularly. Good Luck with that!
Activity: 1498
Merit: 702
I am obviously not in the club, LOL but I am very good with what I have so far, I think I can remember many accounts I recognize when I was building seeing some of them in those low position is sad and also joyous because I don't want to see anyone's growth halted I also want to give myself some credit.

I don't think there is anyone that when they came newly the would have taught they will be on 5k merit, that feeling van only come when you are very close to it. So it's best newbies get there priority in check. It's ok to dream big but try reaching out for achievable goals and steadily great goals can be reached.
Activity: 386
Merit: 135
In this forum, it is almost considered taboo for newcomers to discuss merits. The typical response received is often critical. Some individuals attempt to convey their message politely by advising new members not to focus on merits, but rather to concentrate on creating high-quality posts without making merits their primary goal. Personally, I have doubts about this perspective. In order to progress on this forum, one must actively pursue growth and development. Being intentional entails setting goals.
for some beginners who still don't have much knowledge and don't fully understand how this forum works, of course i think besides they have to spend more time to gain knowledge, they also have to focus on understanding as a whole how this forum works and adapting to how this forum works first before they think about making quality posts, getting merits and ranking up.
if beginners can catch the outline of how this forum works, then all that remains is to think about it and be consistent in contributing by making quality posts to be able to get merits and rank up.

This question is directed to everyone, but particularly to those who belong to the esteemed 5k plus merit club. Did you ever set a merit goal for yourself, such as aiming for 2000 or 5000 merits by a certain point in time? Or did you simply remain an active member without explicitly considering merits, only to one day discover that your account had accumulated 5000 plus merits?
i don't know but i think if we target to get merit within a certain time limit it will burden ourselves. because if the results cannot be in accordance with our wishes then it can cause a feeling of disappointment and easily give up on us.
all I do is just try my best to contribute and enjoy it.
Activity: 714
Merit: 1004
Goodnight, ohh Leo!!! 🦅
It all depends on how you see this whole meritocracy...
There's nothing special about having 5k merits; as long as we ain't got any other formal rank after the legendary, then it's fine to "take a slow Walk " after that milestone ...
Alot of members have gained recognition but with fewer merits - bringing that incase you're really keen on it too.  This whole thought would definitely come through your mind when you're stuckup, then you ain't got no merit flow anymore... If you're taking it that way then peeps that have been onboard for several years, with Alot of merits and recognition yet, they got no green tags should even be more worried too.. cus what's the reputation without 'em tags?? Hahahah... Funny human!

Sandra 🧑‍🦰
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174
Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator
The purpose of introducing merit to the forum was to encourage users to be productive rather than spamming aimlessly. In essence, if you contribute valuable posts that are recognized by other users, you can earn merit points effortlessly. Personally, I have amassed over 2,000 merits, which was no simple feat. However, I never set specific goals for earning merits; instead, I simply contribute to the forum to the best of my abilities.
Activity: 700
Merit: 577
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
,but I tried to make quality posts. I see merit system on this forum like how life is, you can not expect everyone to be the same, but if you are a good posted, you will join a campaign.

Quality post is all the matter for meritting but what is quality is different from users who like to merits a poster. Whenever one does something nice in real life, they appreciate either by kind or by award and that is how the merit system works. Whenever you drop a quality post, some will give you merits while will talk good about the post all still contribute to the op thread for appreciation. The 5k merits op is talking about, he will also receive them when posts have been produced by him.
Activity: 672
Merit: 855
In this forum, it is almost considered taboo for newcomers to discuss merits. The typical response received is often critical. Some individuals attempt to convey their message politely by advising new members not to focus on merits, but rather to concentrate on creating high-quality posts without making merits their primary goal. Personally, I have doubts about this perspective. In order to progress on this forum, one must actively pursue growth and development. Being intentional entails setting goals.

Generally because it is not what the forum was created for. It was just to distinguish people some prominent and helpful members or find a way to appreciate people on the forum. Talking about it would only make it looks like it is a serious parameter on the forum and many would do all sort of things just to get them and this will dis-orient the sole aim of the forum.

This question is directed to everyone, but particularly to those who belong to the esteemed 5k plus merit club. Did you ever set a merit goal for yourself, such as aiming for 2000 or 5000 merits by a certain point in time? Or did you simply remain an active member without explicitly considering merits, only to one day discover that your account had accumulated 5000 plus merits?

I doubt they set a goal to it because from there responses and threads you see how freely they engage in discussion but for those who seek this merit you would see from there discussion and how they eagerly creates threads. This doesn’t mean they don’t appreciate and feel some kind or pride when they get them ( this is gotten from their personal threads to show their reputation on the service board). But I don’t think they care. Because if they do they would been creating threads just to get them similar to this kind of threads you just created.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1655
To the Moon
...In this forum, it is almost considered taboo for newcomers to discuss merits. The typical response received is often critical. Some individuals attempt to convey their message politely by advising new members not to focus on merits, but rather to concentrate on creating high-quality posts without making merits their primary goal. Personally, I have doubts about this perspective. In order to progress on this forum, one must actively pursue growth and development. Being intentional entails setting goals. ..

Obviously, this is due to the fact that a beginner does not have a general understanding of cryptocurrency, but at the same time he is interested solely in merit. And until such a beginner gets enough knowledge, he will not be able to publish high-quality posts for which he can get merit.
Activity: 574
Merit: 627
Since you already know it's like a tabu for you to discuss merit, why still engage in such a conversation?

Well, we all have freedom of expression, and we are all entitled to express how we feel and what kind of question we want to ask.

To me I don't think I have given my self that headache of thinking about how to climb that high in merit earning. 
I just believe that the less I pay attention to those, the more I can become more focused. If I'm consistent in what I'm doing, those will only take time, but one will definitely get there some day as long as the merit system keeps on going.

Those who have such merit and even more than that are devoted to their task; they have areas in which they are good, and they are creative with them. If you want to be among the high merit earners, I will advise you to put more of those energies you are using to do the imagination work. Maybe luck will be on your side and you will happen to wear those badges some day.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
I did not expect I could have more than 3000 merits by this times, but I tried to make quality posts. I see merit system on this forum like how life is, you can not expect everyone to be the same, but if you are a good posted, you will join a campaign.

They are regarded as the most prominent figures on this platform and given preferential treatments during signature campaign application and selection, and I greatly admire them.
Activity: 644
Merit: 661
- Leo -
The way I see it, discussing merits in general is frowned upon, it just so happens that newbies are the ones who engage in it more often (while having earned very little of it) making them look like the target.

Also it is one thing to have a desire to rank up and pursue a target in the forum and it is another thing to try to use merit discussions as bait for other members to give you some of their smerits.

- Jay -
Activity: 504
Merit: 283
Will I ever join the merit 5k plus merit club or reach 5k plus merits? I have pondered this question numerous times. The profiles of certain legendary members indicate that they have indeed achieved the impressive milestone of 5k plus merit. They are regarded as the most prominent figures on this platform and given preferential treatments during signature campaign application and selection, and I greatly admire them.

Pages:
Jump to: