Pages:
Author

Topic: not regulation, but do we need a "moral/ethics contract"? - page 2. (Read 1190 times)

legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
They can still file for bankruptcy....

yes, but it makes scammers harder to just run off EG bitcoinica, pirate. meaning they have to file bankrupcy or go to court. which is a deterrant for them instead of just running off anonymously.
regulations are meaningless as HSBC has proven. so nothing is perfect, but currently scammers hide their details and just run.. we need to find ways to give legitimate business some trust that they wont just run, by making them accountable.

the more moral rules people think up to also make businesses not have the bankrupcy as a loophole, the better.

so get thinking folks.. fair ethical rules to make businesses be fair and honourable, without it stifling innovation or causing red tape.

i added a third rule.
please feel free to reword the rules to make them better, or add your own

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
They can still file for bankruptcy....
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
regulations cost people money, and alot of it. it also can hinder business.

so is it a better idea that we come up with moral, and ethical rules that businesses should follow. where by the owner proves his real life info and the contract can be taken to court and used against them if breached.

im not talking about how the business operations should be limited in any way.. just to be ethical and moral.

that way, by being moral and ethical to everyones agreement, there is no costs to the business. but a huge penalty if its breached. if we can get a nice list of moral/ethical rules. then these laymen rules can be tweaked into the proper legal jargon which is admissible in court, by getting some of those bitcoin attorneys to formalize it 'pro bono' as it will help the community and them later on. and turn it into something that businesses will want to sign up to, as a way of gaining consumer confidence.

so i will write a few idea's of rules, where i will later edit rules that i or the majority agree with:
1. businesses handling customers funds for legitimate products and/or services, will not hide behind pseudonyms, PO boxes or WHOIS guards.
2. only under legal exceptions (government enforced account freezing) should a business decline funds/services/products being returned to customers.
3. before filing bankruptcy the business will provide evidence to a court as to how the funds depleted under oath
4. be transparent about customers holdings
5. customer deposits are assets of customers and not the business. only fee's and profits should be classed as business assets.
6. businesses shall not use customer assets for other purposes.
7. product based businesses will not class delivery schedules of over 1 month after purchase as 'pre orders'. refunds honored if delayed
please post your thoughts or ethical/moral rules
Pages:
Jump to: