Pages:
Author

Topic: [not so] Good Guy Gox- we (probably don't) owe them some sort of apology? - page 2. (Read 2233 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Hey idiot, the "problem " isnt new. Its already been discussed and decided of not changing the protocol but the wallet software to handle it.
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/02/10/mt-gox-blames-bitcoin-core-developer-greg-maxwell-responds/
Stupid ass like you that makes Gox survive today to FUD all the newbies

You know what seriouscoin- fuck you. I'm not spreading FUD and considering the massive hate campaign against GOX for everything that goes wrong, I was trying to add a bit of common decency to this place. You want Gox to fail overnight? Fine- watch hundreds of thousands of bitcoin and tens of millions of dollars disappear all at once and bitcoin to completely collapse. Until someone actually builds, and grows an exchange to be a legitimate successor to gox, we still need them.

The FUD is in making this place a complete fucking troll hole where people like you sit in their basement armchairs and slither in their own shitty opinions that pop out like diarrhea without any respect to common decency.

If you disagree, you could be polite about it for fucks sake.

Not even a word of admitting to be corrected...... Well who give a shit about idiots like you.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
EDIT: Reading the Mike Hearn's comment about it now. *SORRY* I'm not on top of every piece of breaking news every single second. FYI: The subject line did have a fucking QUESTION MARK at the end of it. Jesus Christ if I got my facts wrong, it's enough to say I'm wrong and point it out.  As for being a GOX supporter, I've been as critical of them as anyone else, just search my post history. I made this post because if I was WRONG about being so critical of them then I wanted to APOLOGISE. AKA, COMMON DECENCY, not TROLLING.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
mcxNOW (BTC/Alt exchange) statement about the Mtgox press release. "...stupidity on mtgox part..."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1xih5d/mcxnow_btcalt_exchange_statement_about_the_mtgox/
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
Well, considering all the gox-bashing that everyone has indulged in, we owe them a bit of an apology with this issue. It seems they may be really right and that this is a problem with the protocol that needs to be fixed. We should give them at least a couple kudos for figuring this out.

The market might have panicked (Good lord I wish I had buy orders at $200 on BTC-E!) but the bitcoin blockchain forking a few months back was a greater challenge then what we are facing right now. The current problem seems to affect the ability to track a transactions, which although is very important, does not at it's base invalidate the bitcoin blockchain itself.

So, thanks Gox, for figuring this out. People might be pissed at you for various reasons, but you're a good guy in my eyes.

um no this has been known about for ages, gox is just running a bad version and fudged the whole market, esp some idiot on btce.
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Can we just seriously take Gox out back and administer the coup de grace?

They have been instrumental in causing instability for years now.
legendary
Hey idiot, the "problem " isnt new. Its already been discussed and decided of not changing the protocol but the wallet software to handle it.
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/02/10/mt-gox-blames-bitcoin-core-developer-greg-maxwell-responds/

You know what seriouscoin- fuck you. I'm not spreading FUD and considering the massive hate campaign against GOX for everything that goes wrong, I was trying to add a bit of common decency to this place. You want Gox to fail overnight? Fine- watch hundreds of thousands of bitcoin and tens of millions of dollars disappear all at once and bitcoin to completely collapse. Until someone actually builds, and grows an exchange to be a legitimate successor to gox, we still need them.

The FUD is in making this place a complete fucking troll hole where people like you sit in their basement armchairs and slither in their own shitty opinions that pop out like diarrhea without any respect to common decency.

If you disagree, you could be polite about it for fucks sake.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Exactly! no other exchange has this problem so it is Gox's fault and nobody elses. You'd think being the dominant exchange for so long they'd actually put some effort into maintaining that position especially after the massive market growth in cryptocurrency. MtGox needs to die, they've been a terrible exchange for as long as I've known about bitcoin
I think he's trolling but if not, Fuck you op

No hes not trolling. OP has been known to be GOX supporter. Hes a fcking idiot.
Sadly noobs will listen to idiots like him.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Well, considering all the gox-bashing that everyone has indulged in, we owe them a bit of an apology with this issue.
Not quite. They owe the community (and especially their customers) an apology, for blaming their own incorrect processing of Bitcoin transactions on a so-called vulnerability in the protocol  Angry
Activity: 680
From what I understand, Gox is using old, custom software that checks transactions using the transaction id, whilst bitcoin-qt as of quite a while ago has used other parameters to confirm transaction. So this is a case of Gox not keeping their software up-to-date... kind of like not keeping your OS up-to-date, guess what happens?
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Activity: 728
Well, considering all the gox-bashing that everyone has indulged in, we owe them a bit of an apology with this issue. It seems they may be really right and that this is a problem with the protocol that needs to be fixed. We should give them at least a couple kudos for figuring this out.

The market might have panicked (Good lord I wish I had buy orders at $200 on BTC-E!) but the bitcoin blockchain forking a few months back was a greater challenge then what we are facing right now. The current problem seems to affect the ability to track a transactions, which although is very important, does not at it's base invalidate the bitcoin blockchain itself.

So, thanks Gox, for figuring this out. People might be pissed at you for various reasons, but you're a good guy in my eyes.

It's not a problem with the protocol, it's a problem with the custom software Gox created and uses. Now they're trying to shift the blame to protect themselves and it doesn't matter to them if this negatively affects Bitcoin as a whole (and it probably will, since mainstream media will just copy/paste the press release from Gox).

MtGox is a tumor in the Bitcoin ecosystem and it needs to be removed.

legendary

EDIT: Thanks bitcointalk for the mini-shit storm for being wrong about something. Love the encouragement and support. Really fantastic.
Pages:
Jump to: