Pages:
Author

Topic: nothing to see here, move along. - page 3. (Read 9349 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
July 15, 2015, 08:13:30 PM
What would stop this is finding a fair way to compensate the miners.

Sounds like they are taking the community ransom.

Giving into their (articulated or not) demands is usually a very bad idea. Rather all probably needs to be done to minimize dependence on these big farms.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
July 15, 2015, 07:58:46 PM
Very original and well written post.

I'll go grab my popcorn now. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
July 15, 2015, 07:58:11 PM

There were users going here and there stating their opinions as to whether it was financially profitable or not (extra fees).
Many said that it was not. I stated it was very profitable if a miner was preforming this.
Most users here like to think it was the banks trying to "takedown bitcoin a few notches", or etc.

But from what I have seen, not many higher level or knowledgeable users actually weighed in on this/the topic.
You have created a well written post that I hope to see more discussion and in depth study by those who have such ability.

Yeah, I'd seen the conspiracy theories.  You get that when people think that they're part of a rebellion and the whole world is trying to stop them.

But the people wondering whether it was financially profitable or not, just hadn't gotten around to doing the math.  I actually did the math (I analyze attacks on crypto systems all the time) and went, holy crap, that's a lot less than the 51% everyone's been scared of. 

Yes. I'm not a programmer nor good enough at math to do the heavy lifting. Thank you for your work.
legendary
July 15, 2015, 07:33:43 PM
They hadn't had a chance to yet; you responded only fifteen minutes or so after me.
I should have been more clear.
I believe that there was funny business going on with the recent "stress test".
There were users going here and there stating their opinions as to whether it was financially profitable or not (extra fees).
Many said that it was not. I stated it was very profitable if a miner was preforming this.
Most users here like to think it was the banks trying to "takedown bitcoin a few notches", or etc.

But from what I have seen, not many higher level or knowledgeable users actually weighed in on this/the topic.
You have created a well written post that I hope to see more discussion and in depth study by those who have such ability.

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124
July 15, 2015, 07:28:59 PM
Interesting theorie. Now: What would be the solution against this?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
July 15, 2015, 07:23:28 PM
Interesting.
legendary
July 15, 2015, 07:02:00 PM
Thank you for posting this.
I agree with most of what you are saying and surprised other higher level members (such as yourself and higher),
have not created threads in reference to this crucial topic.

Also, could you do a TL:DR at the beginning or end of your post?
Certain users will gloss over your explanation and I believe will be helpful to gather discussion.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1129
July 15, 2015, 06:48:45 PM
nothing to see here, move along.

I can't delete topics in this board.
Pages:
Jump to: