Pages:
Author

Topic: [NOTICE] mcxNOW had a 3rd party leaked database run against the login system - page 3. (Read 3100 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
All fud aside I think the other exchange owners should keep up with this shit!!!  This is the third event I have seen in two weeks now!  

Btx  as much of an asshole as you are sir I wouldn't doubt if it was somebody like you doing this bullshit!  

It's fucking bad enough our world leaders can barely get along..

Why can't people in crypto get along either?  Why so much hate?  

I'm not condoning the "attacker" if indeed that is what happened. You need to do some reading of Coinhunter/Realsolid going back to August 2011. Come back and let's discuss.
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
@RS,

How many threads on this topic do we need? Roll Eyes

Edit: Wasn't this the "most secure" online exchange ever? Grin

Unfortunately there isn't much one can do to force users to use a unique username and password at mcxNOW. It is security 101 but some users fail to do it.

And we come back to the point that your exchange isn't the most secure given that simple fact.

Without offering any kind of position on how scam/trustworthy TheRealSolid is, I fail to see how, if my password is "password" across all of my services, and for that matter my username is "gramma", how that is MCX's failing when someone figures it out and uses it to get into it, and B of A, and Mt Gox, and and and...
Activity: 244
Merit: 101
All fud aside I think the other exchange owners should keep up with this shit!!!  This is the third event I have seen in two weeks now!  

Btx  as much of an asshole as you are sir I wouldn't doubt if it was somebody like you doing this bullshit!  

It's fucking bad enough our world leaders can barely get along..

Why can't people in crypto get along either?  Why so much hate?  
legendary
@RS,

Unfortunately there isn't much one can do to force users to use a unique username and password at mcxNOW. It is security 101 but some users fail to do it.

And we come back to the point that your exchange isn't the most secure given that simple fact.

That problem relates to every exchange and service. What site doesn't suffer from it? If they have a login system it applies to them.

I merely think you've overstated the security of your site as "the most secure". Hard to make that statement without actual proof of 3rd party testing against/compared to other exchanges right?
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Operator of mcxNOW | Programmer of MicroCash
@RS,

That problem relates to every exchange and service. What site doesn't suffer from it? If they have a login system it applies to them.
legendary
@RS,

@RS,

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
@Coinhunter

Amazing, this happens right after you launch the new feature.

Anyone with more than two braincells not fighting each other for survival can easily this is a created situation to promote your new upgrade.

Set the fire and then be the hero that puts it our LOL

BTW, Is Solidcoin still ready for the Bitcoin collapse?

~BCX~

Holy shit you're retarded.

That may be...but I'm still right  Grin Grin Grin

~BCX~

BCX, the attacker wasnt you by any chance? i'd like to congratulate the hacker by sending him my now stolen btc Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000
@RS,

mcxNOW wasn't hacked.
legendary
Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024
@Coinhunter

Anyone with more than two braincells not fighting each other for survival can easily this is a created situation to promote your new upgrade.

~BCX~

That may be...but I'm still right  Grin Grin Grin

~BCX~
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
@Coinhunter

~BCX~

legendary
@RS,

mcxNOW on September 16 had over 500 unique ips scan a 3rd party (currently unknown origin) leaked USER/PASSWORD database on the mcxNOW accounts looking for accounts which matched the leaked database. The hacker then logged into about 50 different accounts and withdrew up to 4 Bitcoins after cashing out other coins in those accounts.

Firstly
1) If you use a unique username or password at mcxNOW you have nothing to worry about.
2) If you used 2FA at mcxNOW you have nothing to worry about

Any member of mcxNOW I advise you to log in and check your security center. Look for failed logins to help identify which exchange/pool/forum database has been leaked and is being tested on sites like mcxNOW! We can then warn users of that service before the hackers take any more of these users money. Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: